Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to Register SRR60 Orbi Pro

wmarks79
Tutor

Unable to Register SRR60 Orbi Pro

Hi- I'm trying to register my Orbi SRR60 (attached image with Serial Number) to use Insight, but it says the serial number doesn't exist. Please advise. Thanks, -Wyatt
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@wmarks79 where have you acquired this Orbi Pro system from? According to the serial number, this is a Beta sample, not intended for resale.

Message 2 of 4
wmarks79
Tutor

Hi- I received it from where I work "The Nassal Company". Our IT deparment did not have a use for it after testing, so said I could have it. It's worked great for a few years now as I'm using it in a residential setting. I've had a few hiccups here and there with firmware updates, which I've been keeping up with, but has been resloved. I liked the use of the prior Orbi App (allowed me to shut off devices and see what was connected), but with recent firmware, I was informed I have to use Insight to keep the functionality. Hence the reason why I am reaching out.

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Usually, BTA units can usually be registered with Netgear, but are excluded is any form service or support (and I guess the free one year Insight subscription for new products). 

The product registration account and the Insight account the device is assigned to are independent. It's a little bit strange that a Beta unit was never registered however. 

The notification you have received relates to the usage of the Orbi App on the Orbi Pro / Orbi Pro AX systems. Netgear intended to remove the Orbi App support for this model line - and they did on a recent release. here were a lot of complaints, because of the Insight App does differ in the design approach and the features from the Orbi App, and it can't serve as a replacement therefore. The [I must admit unlucky, so don't rush!] decent .200 for the Orbi Pro release has reverted this decision, as per community reports, the Orbi is workable wit the Orbi Pro again.

Either way, I hope eg. @RaghuHR form Netgear could assist you with the basic product registration, so it won't stop you from letting  with Insight. However, please be aware the free and basic Insight subscriptions are no longer available.  

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements