Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to connect GC752XP to Insight App or Portal

RonB88
Aspirant

Unable to connect GC752XP to Insight App or Portal

Hello,

This is my first experience with Netgear, and I'm pulling my hair out, just trying to connect this swithc to the 'Cloud Management' service, so any and all help would be much appreciated.

• I have reset the swithch to factory defaults.
  • IIt reboots fine
  • I 've downloaded the mobile app and created an account
  • I can see the switch from my app, and I can addi t to my network 'location'
  • It says it's 'unclaimed' so I claim it in the app, and it then says it's going to connect to it and change the pasword and reboot it, so I say ok
  • It says it's doing it.....and it might take 10 minutes..... then nothing happens for way longer than 10 minutes
  • Pressing 'view devices' just lists the device as ;waiting for first connect'
  • Tapping on the device entry just shows the device with no information about it and 'Error in communicating with device'
  • I can log in to the device via local LAN with the default password, but ithis doesn't help me gett it connected to Insight.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this won't even connect

Message 1 of 8
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Unable to connect GC752XP to Insight App or Portal

Hello,

Regards to the network the device is connected to. Is there any port restrictions on the firewall? Anything that may block communication to the switch? If you log into the local interface of the switch can you verify the firmware version the switch is on?

Message 2 of 8
RonB88
Aspirant

Hello JoshW, thank you for trying to help me.

Our firewall is pretty simple and there are no specific port blocks that might be interfering. The firmare on the switch is 1.0.4.6.

I have no idea what might be the matter. I can log on to the swithc with the default password, I can set the switch to 'Cloud Managed', but I cant get any connection to it from the Insight app.

Any suggestions would be most welcome

cheers

Message 3 of 8
schumaku
Guru

The Cloud Logs on the switch don't show anything - or are probably not visible because it's not linked?

Message 4 of 8
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Can you connect a device in the switch and get an internet connection? When you run ipconfig /all in the command prompt, of the device connected to the switch what is the IP address it gets?

Message 5 of 8
RonB88
Aspirant

Hi,

The switch is connected to the internet through a BT hub. The hub also acts as the DHCP server, and the swith has an ip address of 192.168.1.64. The PC I'm using has the address 192.168.1.184.

The switch has no other configuration at present, no VLANs apart from VLAN 1, no routes, just the factory defaults.

Message 6 of 8
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

I checked the current firmware supported for this device and currently the most recent firmware is 1.0.4.16. Is there anyway you can log into the local GUI of the switch and update the switch to the most current firmware. After it is completed, log into the switch and verify the switch is reading the correct boot image with the recenly upgraded firmware.

Message 7 of 8
RonB88
Aspirant

OK - I'll give this a try. Thank you very much for your help. I'll post back if I still have a problem

cheers

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements