Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WAC510 Removal from Insight Account

clemsonscout
Follower

WAC510 Removal from Insight Account

I have a WAC510 AP that was previously connected to an insight account by a previous employee.  I do know his password or have access to his email account.  I am attempting to add it to my Insight account, I am getting the warning "To add the device to your account, reset the device to factory default, change its management mode to insight, and add the device to Insight"

I have done this by pressing reset button and connecting directly via LAN cable and IP address and reset it.  I believe it needs to be removed from insight account.  How do I do so without access to the old acccount?

Thank you

Model: WAC540|Insight Managed Smart Cloud Tri-band 4x4 Wireless Access Point
Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@clemsonscout,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

You can ask the previous employee to follow the steps on the article below to remove your WAC510 from his Insight account: 

How do I remove a device from my Insight account?  

After your WAC510 has been successfully removed from your previous employee's Insight account, try to add it to your own Insight account.  Refer to the steps on the article below:

How do I discover, add, and register switches, access points, and Orbi Pro WiFi Systems in Insight?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
m4sterbl4ster
Initiate

And what if the employee left involuntarily and is unwilling to assist? The devices are owned by the company and we need the ability to manage them via Insight. 

Thank you.

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@m4sterbl4ster wrote:

And what if the employee left involuntarily and is unwilling to assist?  

You need assistance by a Netgear moderator e.g. @DaneA or @Christian_R - send proof of purchase, explanation (link to this thread) by PM.

@m4sterbl4ster wrote:

The devices are owned by the company and we need the ability to manage them via Insight. 

Understood of course. Don't forget to update the internal policies on how to handle company properties and resources.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements