Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: wac510 disassociations

Ricque
Tutor

wac510 disassociations

I'm seeing frequent disassociations of a client. The wac510 is running firmware v8.2.6.7 and the client is served by the 2.4 radio. The client is a raspberry pi running current linux. If the client is inactive for a modest amount of time, the wac510 disassociates it and the carrier is dropped. Usually 2 minutes later, the client  reacquires the carrier and the channel re-associated. This repeats about every 6 minutes as long as there isn't network traffic. When there is traffic the disassociation doesn't happen and the client is happy as a clam. I put a ping in a 30 sec loop on the client and didn't see a qlitch all day. I stop the ping and other network use and the disassociations start up. I’ve attached the wac510 log that shows the problem at 12:16:06, 12:22:09 and 12:28:25. This log is uploaded as a pdf, as reqeuired. Let me know if a txt file would be more useful.

I’ve seen similar issues with apparent solutions for other netgear products and am hoping that a solution exists for the wac510.

Model: WAC510 Insight Managed Access Point
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Ricque
Tutor

I want to followup on this discussion in case it’s useful to anyone else. As far as I’m concerned, the issue is resolved and I’d like to thank Raghu for taking this on. Our back-n-forth was done via PM, so the details won’t show up here. Here’s my synopsis:

I have a raspberry pi witth a wifi client experiencing frequent syslog complaints of “wlan0: carrier lost”.  Each instance of the error was precipitated by a 802.11 disassociation logged in the WAC510.

Raghu inspected my WAC510 logs and suggested that I turn off Band Steering, which I was using on both 2.5 and 5.0 radios. I turned that feature off and ran a short test and confirmed that the “carrier lost” symptoms were greatly reduced. And I followed up with a 6 hour test and have seen no disassociations.

I consider this solved. Thanks Raghu.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @Ricque 

Do you know your raspberry pi is going for sleep mode when it got dosconnected?  Could you please a save  the detailed logs from the monitoring page and send me vial PM. Please use google drive to upload the detailed logs.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 2 of 3
Ricque
Tutor

I want to followup on this discussion in case it’s useful to anyone else. As far as I’m concerned, the issue is resolved and I’d like to thank Raghu for taking this on. Our back-n-forth was done via PM, so the details won’t show up here. Here’s my synopsis:

I have a raspberry pi witth a wifi client experiencing frequent syslog complaints of “wlan0: carrier lost”.  Each instance of the error was precipitated by a 802.11 disassociation logged in the WAC510.

Raghu inspected my WAC510 logs and suggested that I turn off Band Steering, which I was using on both 2.5 and 5.0 radios. I turned that feature off and ran a short test and confirmed that the “carrier lost” symptoms were greatly reduced. And I followed up with a 6 hour test and have seen no disassociations.

I consider this solved. Thanks Raghu.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements