Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Delete

Cayenne08
Guide

Delete

Everytime I try to activate I get SPC-ACT-FAIL.  I've tried rebooting several times. Disconnected the satellites no luck.  I have an RBR850

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Delete

Are you still having problems with this? 

@Cayenne08 wrote:

Everytime I try to activate I get SPC-ACT-FAIL.  I've tried rebooting several times. Disconnected the satellites no luck.  I have an RBR850

Message 2 of 5
Cayenne08
Guide

Yup I just saw another post that was similar so I listed this as delete.  I've tried all the recommended solutions, reboot, factory reset etc to no avail. 

Message 3 of 5
ChristineT
Admin

Hello Cayenne08,

Thank you for your PM. I tried to replicate this issue and actually encountered this same error. The issue with my scenario is that I used a different email to purchase my Orbi (WiFi 6) system from NETGEAR.com than what I have previously used to registered my original Orbi (WiFi 5) system. I understand from engineering that these two values must match or this error can occur. Essentially, you must activate the subscription with the same my.NETGEAR account that you log into the Orbi app with. 

I have verified that your email address is associated with your SPC Trial but is in "Draft" status. So, the only other thing to suggest here is to ensure you're system is on the most recent firmware that supports SPC. I am guessing you've already checked for that but if you haven't please do so now and try again. 🙂

I have escalated your issue to our engineering team for further investigation. 

Is there anything else unique about your system or setup that I should convey to our engineering team?

Many thanks!

ChristineT

Message 4 of 5
Cayenne08
Guide

I've confirmed there are no available firmware updates. Hopefully being escalated it will help determine what the issue is. Having 2 kids parental controls is essential.

Thank you.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7