Re: Device Pause/Parental Controls not functioning

mywifi101
Guide

Device Pause/Parental Controls not functioning

Hardware Version: RBR750

Firmware Version: V4.6.5.14_2.0.54

GUI Language Version: V3.0.1.2_2.1.30.3

Operation Mode: Router

I recently discovered I am not able to pause devices or view parental control information for the devices that have been configured. These device features had previously functioned. I am unsure when they stopped performing their function.

I have rebooted the devices numerous times. I also tried downgrading firmware. Neither have resolved the issue.

Any other insight on what would cause this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
mywifi101
Guide

I solved my issue by factroy resetting the devices. I am able to control the devices through SPC.

If you want to save your setting take a backup and restore before activating the SPC again through the Orbi app.

I performed the reset and restore through the web interface before configuring the Orbi app.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
mywifi101
Guide

Any moderator out there that can help? I pay for a service that I am unable to use.

Message 2 of 5
mywifi101
Guide

I solved my issue by factroy resetting the devices. I am able to control the devices through SPC.

If you want to save your setting take a backup and restore before activating the SPC again through the Orbi app.

I performed the reset and restore through the web interface before configuring the Orbi app.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a new back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 4 of 5
Chuckg1
Star

I’ve done 3 factory resets in 3 weeks because the SPC stops working after a few days only. Hardcore factory reset, reinstall, resetup is not a permanent solution.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7