Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Disable Smart Parental Controls on Nighthawk RAX30?

BrotherJerome
Follower

Disable Smart Parental Controls on Nighthawk RAX30?

So I just got a Nighthawk RAX30 router (iOS 15.0.3). Anyway, at some point, I must have inadvertently activated Smart Parental Controls. Now, when I click on the Device Manager tab in the Nighthawk app, it just shows me a bunch of devices with few names and no indication of whether they are on the 2.4 or 5GHz band. All my custom names were erased.

I can't figure out a way to disable Smart Parental Controls. Would the only way be to do a factory reset on the router? Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Disable Smart Parental Controls on Nighthawk RAX30?

In the app, click on the top left "home" button. there should be either "my subscriptions" or "my add-on's" (depending on app/OS version)

From there you should be able to manage it. 

Message 2 of 3
ChetD
Aspirant

Re: Disable Smart Parental Controls on Nighthawk RAX30?

That is only partially true. In my case I can get to the subscription tab for parental controls and it shows that I have a eval account till Dec 29th. I don’t recall signing up for it.

There is no way to cancel the current sub. Only option is to BUY a monthly or annual sub.

I would not care except for the fact that every attempt to get in the Devices tab initiates a pop up to setup the parental controls.

Annoying

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series