Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Greyed out parental controls on Nighthawk 7000

albertanon19
Aspirant

Greyed out parental controls on Nighthawk 7000

I'm trying to set up parental controls but when I go into the router admin functions, the parental controls options are greyed out.  Is there anyway to enable them?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
albertanon19
Aspirant

Trying to enable Parental controls on R7000 sends me to website

Hi there, I am trying to enable parental controls on my Nighthawk R7000 router.  I have it set to router mode and can see the parental controls option in the admin menu.  Whenever it try to click into the Parental Controls option, I am rerouted to the Netgear website.  How do I move forward with actually setting up the controls?  Thanks.,

Message 2 of 6
rich_benson
Aspirant

Re: Greyed out parental controls on Nighthawk 7000

Same issue here - with Netgear 8000 series. Been using Parental Controls for years, and had trouble with stable network connections the last few days. After disabling Parental Controls (to restore internet connectivity), the option to re-enable the feature is greyed out???

I have the premium Circle App so a refund may be in oder if they are discontinuing services...

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try using the Nighthawk mobile app connected to the router to set up Smart Parental Controls or Circle. There is a My Subscriptions menu option there I beleive under the top left menu enable that you can use to set up these features.

@albertanon19 @rich_benson 

Message 4 of 6
rich_benson
Aspirant

The Nighthawk app did the trick, thank you @FURRYe38 

Parental controls re-enabled.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7