Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Impossible to use premium features: Smart Parental Controls App Error on Activation ("SPC-A

Drumclimber
Initiate

Re: Impossible to use premium features: Smart Parental Controls App Error on Activation ("SPC-A

Unable to enable parental controls after purchase. Code SPC-ACT-FAIL
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 51 of 89
Drumclimber
Initiate

SOLVED**** I was able to get SPC working by manually installing older firmware 2.7.2.104 via the web browser interface then attempting the install again via the Netgear Orbi IOS app. After installing I then updated the firmware, and all seems to still be working. One thing to note, after installing SPC you can no longer use access control via the web browser. It will only work through the app. This was ok with me since the web access control seemed buggy. 

Message 52 of 89
FlyingDoc
Star

Rif.: Impossible to use premium features: Smart Parental Controls App Error on Activation ("SPC

I would not waste time with forum moderators.  They say the same thing over and over again.  "Please contact me privately for help."  They never help or helped (me at least).  Never got a response from them.  I am not sure why the same old tired post is getting put up over and over ad nauseum.  This product borderlines on a money making skeme.  Pay up for something that does not work.   I have oppened a ticket with the FCC and with the BBB.  I would encourage everyone with problems to do the same rather than wasting time with "robot" moderatores and nice but useless netgear help line.

Message 53 of 89
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for posting about this. Glad you got it working.

Yes, SPC is going to be access by only the Orbi app from now on.

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

@Drumclimber wrote:

SOLVED**** I was able to get SPC working by manually installing older firmware 2.7.2.104 via the web browser interface then attempting the install again via the Netgear Orbi IOS app. After installing I then updated the firmware, and all seems to still be working. One thing to note, after installing SPC you can no longer use access control via the web browser. It will only work through the app. This was ok with me since the web access control seemed buggy. 

Message 54 of 89
RhonnieK
Aspirant

I have paid for Smart Parent Control but keep getting error message SPC-ACT-FAIL? How to I resolve?
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 55 of 89
RhonnieK
Aspirant

Hi,
I am still having this issue!
Message 56 of 89
Milto
Initiate

I got it working. I had to reset the router which gave no results. Then I had to uninstall and reinstall the app. Which was a disaster. Mostcof the tiles and functions vanished. Including parental controls. Then over the next few days misding tiles and functions returned and everything was working. I still haven't had a chance to use it but it let me set it up which it wasn't doing before.

Good luck everybody. Thank you to those who responded. And have a great new year!
Message 57 of 89
FURRYe38
Guru

If it's for the 50 series Orbi, try what this user did to get it working:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Smart-Home-Parental/Impossible-to-use-premium-features-Smar...

@RhonnieK wrote:
I have paid for Smart Parent Control but keep getting error message SPC-ACT-FAIL? How to I resolve?

Message 58 of 89
JorgeU
Aspirant

Hi Christine,
I am trying to enable circle in my Orbi as I had to replace my Orbi router but I cannot find the option to enable the parental control in the app or in orbilogin. I am in Switzerland but I had Circle on the Orbi working without any problems till I replace the previous router.

Any help will be appreciated

Thank you
Message 59 of 89
Chuckg1
Star

The thread is not resolved. People post that they fixed the problem going to older firmware or doing factory reset but in my case, the produc then works for  48-72 hours then  without warning stops tracking usage, history, etc.  The solution is an other hour long factory reset, reinstall, re-setup for 2-3 days of parental control. This SPC product DOES NOT work.  They trial has only been frustration and I am not trying to get my subscription to the teaser 60% off cancelled.  

(RBR50; 2X RBS50, 1XRBS50Y with CM1200)

Message 60 of 89
Dinermay
Aspirant

I set up the parent control features in the App and then paid the subscription. When I go to the Parent Control tile I can either ‘unlock premium’ or ‘add profile’. This leads to the same SPC-ACT-FAIL error. Anywhere I go to activate my premium subscription in the app gives the same error. I’ve tried everything everywhere. It sets up and errors out half way.
Message 61 of 89
MatteoPessina
Aspirant

Same problem for me, but one month after purchasing the premium subscription I tried the oldest remedy in computer science .... Switch off and on again....

And the magic happened!
Activating from the app, it has finally completed the process

Message 62 of 89
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

@MatteoPessina wrote:

Same problem for me, but one month after purchasing the premium subscription I tried the oldest remedy in computer science .... Switch off and on again....

And the magic happened!
Activating from the app, it has finally completed the process

Message 63 of 89
HockeyNut12
Initiate

Hi Christine T,

I signed up for SPC back in December 2021 and I have updated all of the latest firmware on my router, I am also running the latest APP and I still can't update my SPC.  I keep getting the SPC-ACT-FAIL error.

Please help!! It has been 3-months of tryng and trying with no success.  It is very frustrating specially when a paid service is not being rendered!

Please advice,

THank you and Regards,

Message 64 of 89
FURRYe38
Guru

What NG router model do you have?

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What devices are you using with SPC? Try a different device to compare. 

@HockeyNut12 wrote:

Hi Christine T,

I signed up for SPC back in December 2021 and I have updated all of the latest firmware on my router, I am also running the latest APP and I still can't update my SPC.  I keep getting the SPC-ACT-FAIL error.

Please help!! It has been 3-months of tryng and trying with no success.  It is very frustrating specially when a paid service is not being rendered!

Please advice,

THank you and Regards,

Message 65 of 89
Asaf99
Initiate

This problem/error message is occurring for me-despite turning router on and off and getting the newest version of the app. What gives? any other ideas?
Message 66 of 89
JDaddy
Guide

Rax20
Final analysis: Netgear hardware good, Netgear software worst in the industry. Nothing works, even if you pay for premium products like Armor & Parental control. Continual failures throughout every aspect of software.
Message 67 of 89
Aintanant
Guide

this issue id NOT fixed, why would you post it is?

Message 68 of 89
Aintanant
Guide

Re: Smart Parental Controls App Error on Activation "SPC-ACT-FAIL"

What other product did you change to.  I also will need to toss mine because with 6 kids in the home, parental controls are essential!

Message 69 of 89
Aintanant
Guide

I did this months ago!

Message 70 of 89
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 71 of 89
AE8U
Aspirant

I have a new beta firmware running that fixed an issue with static ip addresses and I cannot get the parental control to activate. I get the SPC-ACT-FAIL dialog box. Please help.
Message 72 of 89
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 73 of 89
Tmac69
Aspirant

Re: Impossible to use premium features: Smart Parental Controls App Error on Activation ("SPC-ACT-FA

Bought the SPC subscription and received an email that said to allow 24 hours, it has been over 24 hours, still getting the SPC-ACT-Fail error code.  How long does it take, should I reboot my router, should I reinstall the nighthawk app or should I wait a couple of more days? After reading up on the Netgear SPC and the issues in just getting it started and the horrific writeups on the lack of customer support things arent looking good for SPC, Netgear, or my Nighthawk router... Netgear, please fix this.

Message 74 of 89
31hz
Aspirant

i bought parental control march 6 2022. it is April 17, still just get spc-act-fail. i have rebooted, updated firmware, etc. still unusable.
Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 75 of 89
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7