Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Impossible to use premium features: Smart Parental Controls App Error on Activation ("SPC-A

ksmiley23
Aspirant

Re: Impossible to use premium features: Smart Parental Controls App Error on Activation ("SPC-A

I too have the same issue. Pay for premium parental control and I can't even get it activated. Where do I get this patch from. Thanks?
Message 76 of 89
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 77 of 89
ChrisMackie
Aspirant

I can not get parental controls to work it will not .

its saying error SPC-ACT-FAIL).

Its been happening for about three months, please fix it, as its driving me mad.

Message 78 of 89
JDaddy
Guide

I ended up filing a claim against Netgear with my bank after paying for parental controls for 1 year and receiving 2 months out of the year that it actually worked.
Message 79 of 89
GenghisKhan
Aspirant

Hi,

I purchased the Smart Parental Control a couple days ago and I have been getting the same error message: SPC-ACT-FAIL. I have tried several times since I have purchased this subscription and same error message always appears.

Is there a way to resolve this?
Message 80 of 89
lovisg
Aspirant

Hi @ChristineT ,

Thanks for your post, and I have purchased SPC recently and trying to activate it and receiving SPC-ACT-FAIL error and nor able to go anywhere after that, could you please help me with it?

Regards,

VJ

Message 81 of 89
djerard
Aspirant

I am getting the error code as well. What can I do to fix?
Message 82 of 89
HockeyNut12
Initiate

Nothing!

Netgear won’t fix it.  I called them and asked for my money back! One month later I got it.  Very disappointed with this company.

Message 83 of 89
mjhalladey
Aspirant

Dear admin, 

the parental control option doesnt work. It did once, then one day quit. Ive reset the router multiple times. My kids can still access any web page they want. I pay for this option and it is not working. Im not happy.

Message 84 of 89
JaydeeJD
Aspirant

I was previously using Smart Parental Controls effectively during the free trial period. I then purchased a subscription and it is not working. After chatting with Netgear support, I have now:

1. reset my router

2. deleted the Orbi iOS app and reinstalled it

3. manually upgraded the firmware on my satellites and router

4. called Netgear support to be transferred to the wrong dept

and

5. devoted >2 hours to this issue.

NO SOLUTION. I'm on hold with Netgear again. I don't think this issue has been solved.

Message 85 of 89
JRSmin
Aspirant

This exact thing is now happening to me.  I have an RBR750.  My Smart Parental Controls Premium Plan started on February 04, 2022 and my next billing date is February 02, 2023.  I had it all set up and it was working.  Then one day I attempted to adjust my child's bedtime settings and saw the "Set Up Now" page.  When I click it, it attempts to set it up (even though I already had it set up before), then after a few moments I receive the popup error stating that Smart Parental Control activation is failed. Please try it again, or dismiss this message and try it later. (code: SPC-ACT-FAIL).

Please assist.  If it cannot be fixed, I'd like a refund for my Premium Plan purchase.

Message 86 of 89
rsrprivate
Aspirant

I have tried on both a newer iPhone and an older Samsung with no luck. Getting ready to request a refund.
Message 87 of 89
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 88 of 89
Chuckg1
Star

Re: Impossible to use premium features: Smart Parental Controls App Error on Activation

Continuing the discussion on the previous post that had 88 replies but got closed. 

Netgear Support finally resolved the issue I had with SPC not working following the force migration in January 2022. Basically, it would work for a  few hours and then stop applying rules, logging history, etc. It was resolved end of October, 10 months !. 

The problem was caused by remaining Circle configs or logs not allowing Netgear SPC to work. Level 3 support recreated by setup in their lab and built a script that deleted all trace of Circle. After applying  this script into my router, I did factory reset and reinstalled the app. The profiles weren’t lost and SPC has been working for 2 weeks non stop now.   First time it ever works that long after leaving Circle.

So if you are a previous Circle user on Orbi (Ex RBR50) and could never make SPC work, they have a solution. Just need to point them to the script Level 3 support have built. (PM me for my case number)

Thank you to Bernard from Level 2 who finally got this resolved and spent hours with me on the phone.   

Message 89 of 89
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7