Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My IPV6 configuration breaks SPC

Laurent78
Aspirant

My IPV6 configuration breaks SPC

My configuration is the following:

- the modem/router FTTH provided by my ISP. The IP adress is dynamic.

- my RAX10 router behind the ISP router. All my family devices are connected to the RAX10. I have activated SPC and Armor. 

Everything seems to be working fine in IPV4.

When I try to set up the network in IPV6, the only setting I have found which is working is "pass through" but I figured out that it breaks the Smart Parental Control.

=> Nothing is filtered anymore even if some traffic is still logged. 

The IPV6 setting is complicated for a novice and not very well documented. The "automatic configuration" is not working on my network. 

I have disabled IPV6 but is their any solution to make it work with SPC  in my network configuration ?

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: My IPV6 configuration breaks SPC

What mode is the ISP modem router working in? IF in router mode, and you have the RAX in router mode, This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.

Possible that SPC may not be supportive of IPv6 configurations as well. Something to ask NG support about. 

@DarrenM 

Message 2 of 4
Laurent78
Aspirant

Yes, I did your option 2.
My guess is that the “pass through “ option for ipv6 is also going through parental control.
I don’t know how to set up ipv6 better (all my tries with other options failed). I asked the customer support some help. Still waiting.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Keep on them then. 

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos