Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Need a refund for parental controls rbk752

smithj33
Aspirant

Need a refund for parental controls rbk752

I had no idea parental controls would disable custom DNS. This was not disclosed when signing up. I've looked all over the site, but no way to contact Netgear to get a refund. Thanks

Also after disabling parental controls, I still can't access the DNS setting. They could have just used MAC addresses vs DNS to limit access. I assume I'll need to do a factory reset to get my DNS settings back.
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

You'd actually need to talk to support. This is the community support forum where members of the public help out. 

To get a hold of support for subscriptions services like Armor/Circle, click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process.
Click on: My Support---->Contact Support---->Get help with my subscription service

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, reset the RBR and setup from scratch. Just dont' enable or use SPC on the Orbi app. 

@smithj33 wrote:
I had no idea parental controls would disable custom DNS. This was not disclosed when signing up. I've looked all over the site, but no way to contact Netgear to get a refund. Thanks

Also after disabling parental controls, I still can't access the DNS setting. They could have just used MAC addresses vs DNS to limit access. I assume I'll need to do a factory reset to get my DNS settings back.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7