Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi APP SPC - Not showing browsing history / URL only event timestamp

hcrespi
Guide

Orbi APP SPC - Not showing browsing history / URL only event timestamp

I have updated Orbi App this week (04/25) to the latest version available in the Apple App Store but after that, the SPC stopped showing the URLs under any of the profiles history tab, I only see a timestamp (HH:MM) for each event when registered in the browsing history / log. (screenshot attached).

I have tried to re-install Orbi App and factory reset / re-configure my Orbi Router but to no avail. The problem persists and I've run out of ideas on how to isolate the problem and fix it. 

Here are my specs

Orbi App Version: 2.16.0.296

Router Model Number: RBR850

Router Firmware Version: v4.6.8.2

Orbi App running on Iphone 12 - IOS 15.4.1

I'll appreciate any suggestion, recommendation that you can share.

Thank you

Message 1 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi APP SPC - Not showing browsing history / URL only event timestamp

You might contact a forum moderator to see if they can help on this one:

@Blanca_O @KevinLiT @DarrenM 

Message 2 of 14
hcrespi
Guide

@Blanca_O @KevinLiT @DarrenM 

Moderators,

Could you please take a quick look at my problem and see if you can help me? I got more details as well as an attachment in my original post but in summary, after upgrading the Orbi App (IOS) this week, the URLs are no longer visible under the SPC history tab just a timestap of the event (HH:MM). Iphone, Orbi App and Orbi Router (RBR850) are all running on the latest firmware available today.

Thank you

Message 3 of 14
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @hcrespi ,

I understand that you are having issues with SPC not showing the URL for websites on the Orbi app v2.16.0.296 with your RBR850  v4.6.8.2. I will inform my team about this issue.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention!!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 4 of 14
hcrespi
Guide

@KevinLiT 

Yes, thank you for the quick feedback. This is what I see currently in the History Tab for every profile I have configured. I even tried to create new profiles and move some of the devices around but I didn't help. The Test 2 profile is set as a standard Adult profile without any customization.

ORBI SPC - History Tab.png

Message 5 of 14
blade_runner
Initiate

I too am showing the same in history.
Message 6 of 14

I am having the same issue.
Message 7 of 14
gabe_rosas
Initiate

I’m experiencing the same problem. I’ve just subscribed and soon after that I only see time stamps. It’s not usable for my situation (6 kids worth of parental control)
Message 8 of 14
hcrespi
Guide

Just a quick update.

I've been working with Netgear support and we have a support case open that is now being escalated to engineering. I have recently shared debug logs from my router and I'm expecting an update after the analysis is complete.

Is inconclusive at this point but it seems that this problem is more frequent on , not to say exclusive to, Iphone. I haven't tried running Orbi App on another phone/tablet because I don't have any android device but if you do, maybe its a test you can make (assumes you are using Iphone today).

I will share updates as soon as I hear back from Netgear Support.

Message 9 of 14
blade_runner
Initiate

Thanks hcrespi.
Message 10 of 14
Orbi4me
Initiate

Any update on this? I’ve had the same issue for a month now without and fix. Very interested in what the engineers have to say.. thanks
Message 11 of 14
hcrespi
Guide

No updates yet, they've asked for some additional info / screenshots last week. 

I will share updates as soon as I get them.

Message 12 of 14

Good morning,

This is still an issue.  This really needs to be a priority as it completely renders parental controls useless.  I cannot see the websites the users are visiting; therefore, I cannot block or manage them.  I cannot see what I am blocking or unblocking. Whatever "update" that was pushed out when this began to happen (recently), needs to be undone.

Message 13 of 14
hcrespi
Guide

Hello Everyone,

I have finally received an update on the ticket I had with Netgear support and as it turns out this is an issue with the latest Orbi App that will only get fixed in the next update with the release date still pending confirmation.

So at this very moment, there isn't much we can do other than wait for the next release of Orbi App and continue to push Netgear for an expedited launch.

thanks

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 13 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7