Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Parental Controls can't find any devices - RBR750 and iOS Orbi app

claudiut
Apprentice

Parental Controls can't find any devices - RBR750 and iOS Orbi app

I have an RBR750 router and 2 x RBS750 satellites, and Orbi app running on iOS. I purchased the Parental Controls 1 year subscription and it worked fine until upgrading the system to 4.6.5.14 firmware (automatically done by Orbi with no option to prevent it!)

When I'm trying to access a profile and add/remove devices I'm getting the CDIL-API-FAIL error. I've reached out to NG but they want me to purchase paid support to do anything, even if I have a 1yr subscription active. This is absolutely gross and unheard of, but reading what others post on the forums is very common practice from NG.

Has anyone been able to find a solution for this CDIL-API-FAIL error?

RBR/RBS 750 Firmware: 4.5.6.14

iOS Orbi app: 2.13.0.79

Thanks,

Claudiu

Message 1 of 3
claudiut
Apprentice

Re: Parental Controls can't find any devices - RBR750 and iOS Orbi app

@Blanca_O and other moderators: please have a look here. I've paid for this service and couple of months into it still not able to use it. This is a shame. I've been patiently waiting for a response after reporting the issue through the iOS Orbi app, but this getting really frustrating. And of course I can't call for help because I don't pay you more money for support. Seriously???

Message 2 of 3
Brooke2
Initiate

Re: Parental Controls can't find any devices - RBR750 and iOS Orbi app

I had this same CDIL-API-FAIL problem on the same RBR750 router and 2 x RBS750 satellites system.  Called tech support who bounced me around.  3rd person had me physically unplug the router for 20 seconds.  I guess the 4.6.5.14 firmware update needs that to complete install.  

Afterwards I was able to complete Parental control set-up on my iOS devices. 

@claudiut wrote:

I have an RBR750 router and 2 x RBS750 satellites, and Orbi app running on iOS. I purchased the Parental Controls 1 year subscription and it worked fine until upgrading the system to 4.6.5.14 firmware (automatically done by Orbi with no option to prevent it!)

When I'm trying to access a profile and add/remove devices I'm getting the CDIL-API-FAIL error. I've reached out to NG but they want me to purchase paid support to do anything, even if I have a 1yr subscription active. This is absolutely gross and unheard of, but reading what others post on the forums is very common practice from NG.

Has anyone been able to find a solution for this CDIL-API-FAIL error?

RBR/RBS 750 Firmware: 4.5.6.14

iOS Orbi app: 2.13.0.79

Thanks,

Claudiu

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7