Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Parental Controls not working after V2.7.4.24 upgrade

blamman
Apprentice

Parental Controls not working after V2.7.4.24 upgrade

I noticed parental controls not working after upgrade to V2.7.4.24. I have rebooted my system numerous times and turn the parental controls on and off in the app. In the past I have had to do this and it would start working again.

I see all my groups and devices but all the timers stay at 0 so no time limits will ever be reached.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
JDaddy
Guide

Yeah mine hasn't worked since September of 2021. Netgear is dead.

Message 2 of 5
sougato
Aspirant

I'm in the same boat. I paid for the annual subscription and it doesn't track usage of my kids' profiles, nor does it shut the internet off according to the bedtime settings I configured. What a waste of money. I've called Netgear, and they are clueless.

Message 3 of 5
Cobberdb
Aspirant

Im having the same issues and yes, they have no idea 😞

Message 4 of 5
blamman
Apprentice

I reset my orbi system and then used  the previous backup. It restored the parental groups but not the needed devices.

When I added them it still did not work.

I did another reset and rebuilt all the parental controls and it finally worked. Sometime I have to keep rebooting or turn the parental controls off and back on. I did take good notes on mac addresses before the upgrade and that helped but it is not right everytime there is firmware update you have to build out the router fresh. 

I have had to build fresh the last two times I upgraded.

I also have constant fight of two devices wanting to use the same ip from the dhcp scope. One will get the ip address and work, another device gets the same ip and the device cannot route to the internet.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7