Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX45 Smart Parental Controls - Activation fails after FW upgrade

RAX45 Smart Parental Controls - Activation fails after FW upgrade

I agree!! I am having the same exact issue with my Nighthawk RAX45. I bought a one year subscription almost 2 years ago, SAME issue! (error code: SPC-ACT-FAIL) I went through hell talking to SEVERAL support staff, including the specific support staff and leads (supposedly...) for the Parental Control feature. NONE them could solve the issue and like you I tried EVERYTHING. I got them to refund my money, hoping that one day this issue would be fixed and I can use the feature. Fast forward to today, I went ahead and purchased another year subscription, thinking there's NO WAY I would have the same issue. Well, here we are almost 2 YEARS later and SAME FLIPPING ISSUE!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!! Same exact scenario and same error code as 2 years ago. When I click on the "SET UP NOW" button, at the bottom of the screen that shows my "Premium Plan" and "Your plan starts: March 2, 2023 / Next billing date: March 1, 2024", it starts setting up and then after 1-2 minutes I get "Error Smart Parental Controls activation has failed. Please try again later. (code: SPC-ACT-FAIL)". This is absolutely unacceptable Netgear!! Why can you NOT fix this issue that has been going on for 2 YEARS now??!! (possibly even longer!) I am considering returning this router back to Costco and never buying Netgear products again...I also bought the Netgear modem, so I'll return that as well. So lame and unacceptable Netgear...

Message 1 of 5
breakc0de
Tutor

Re: RAX45 Smart Parental Controls - Activation fails after FW upgrade

I have the same problem with my ORBI RB750 - I have been locked out of SPC for 4 months now. I have been working with level 2 support since December with no luck. This bug is ridiculous. We need to somehow get some major visibility to this issue so Netgear will actually do something about this. 

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

I've passed this onto NG for review. 

@KevinLiT 

Message 3 of 5

Hi Furry, will NG respond back to this thread at some point, or will they potentially post a solution somewhere else that I have to go look for?

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
Kaballas
Initiate

Also same issue. I have RAX70 and after last FW upgrade SPC worked for a bit and then just stopped. Didn;t track anything. Then I made the mistake of resetting the router and all went down the drain from there. Through I'd let subscription expire , was due in 1 month, then created new subscription and still the same. Have reset the modem probably 10 times, loaded old firmware which worked and still the same. Paying a premium for these products just for it to fail is just poor.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7