Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBKE963 no parental controls in orbi app

nkd
Apprentice
Apprentice

RBKE963 no parental controls in orbi app

So I upgraded from rbk800 series to this since it’s slapped on the box it has smart parental controls from best buy. Please don’t tell me netgear is just f false advertising this thing and it’s not ready. There is no parental control tile in orbi app.
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Parental controls are installed and handled thru Orbi app. There is a tile that should appear there.

Have you tried looking at the Add-Ons menu in the Orbi app to see if Smart Parental Controls are seen? 

https://www.netgear.com/home/services/smart-parental-controls/
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Smart-Home-Parental/bd-p/en-home-smart-parental-controls
https://kb.netgear.com/000062109/How-do-I-set-up-and-install-NETGEAR-Smart-Parental-Controls

You may need to have NG support help you get it set up is all. 

No false ads. It works. 

@Blanca_O 

Message 2 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @nkd

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

RBKE963 supports NETGEAR Smart Parantal Control. 

If you cannot find the NETGEAR Smart Parental Control tile in the Orbi App, please make sure that the following conditions are met: 

• You are in a country where SPC is available.  What countries is NETGEAR Smart Parental Controls available in?
  • Your NETGEAR single sign-on (SSO) account is registered to a country where SPC is available in your MyNETGEAR account profile settings.
  • The NETGEAR SSO account that you use to log in to the Orbi app is the same account that your router is registered to.
  • Your router isn’t in AP (access point) mode.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 3 of 7
sabeens
Aspirant

i meet all the criteria to have smart control on this device yet it doesnt show for me either.  i live in Arizona and the device is in router mode yet neither the orbi app nor the web interface shows parental controls.

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Please reach out to a forum moderator for help and information:

@Blanca_O 

@sabeens wrote:

i meet all the criteria to have smart control on this device yet it doesnt show for me either.  i live in Arizona and the device is in router mode yet neither the orbi app nor the web interface shows parental controls.

Message 5 of 7

Hello, I have an RBR50 on Routeur Mode (not AP).

I've proceed to migrate form Circle to Netgear SPC form the 10.0.0.1 website, the link "Parental Control" on the website has disappeared as intented.

But the iOS App (2.13.1.4) don't display any "ADD ON" button, dispite me logged with my french registred account.

How do I activate Netgear SPC ?

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Please make a new post regarding your model Orbi as this one is regarding the Orbi 9 series system. 

Thank you. 

@Anomaluridae wrote:

Hello, I have an RBR50 on Routeur Mode (not AP).

I've proceed to migrate form Circle to Netgear SPC form the 10.0.0.1 website, the link "Parental Control" on the website has disappeared as intented.

But the iOS App (2.13.1.4) don't display any "ADD ON" button, dispite me logged with my french registred account.

How do I activate Netgear SPC ?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7