Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Smart Parental Controls - premium plan reactivate -i was trying the trial version and it locked

Shriekrvce
Initiate

Smart Parental Controls - premium plan reactivate -i was trying the trial version and it locked late

Hello Team, 

I recently installed RBR 750 Router with two satellite system, everything was fine, earlier it was a drop, never I faced issues. I activated the free trial of parental version and later it locked and cannot connect to the app. Is there anything you can help me fast since I have paused some of the devices and cannot unlock, this is just nonsense.

Nodle # NETGEAR Orbi Whole Mesh Wifi 6 sytem with advanced Cyber Security 3-pack -- I cannot add in the model no.

Thank you, 

Sreekanth

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Smart Parental Controls - premium plan reactivate -i was trying the trial version and it locked

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What Orbi App version and mobile platform are you using with the Orbi app? 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What Orbi App version and mobile platform are you using with the Orbi app? 

Message 2 of 11
Shriekrvce
Initiate

Thank you buddy. YEs I did that long back factory reset and did all again and ignored those parental part. Its crazy at least the app should show a reminder its expiring do you want to continue or not and then entangle, but it does not or maybe I missed it. appreciate your answer. 

have a good day 

Thank you, 

Sreekanth 

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 4 of 11
Aintanant
Guide

@FURRYe38 

This has not worked.  It is not a solution.  It is a Hail Mary.  Also reaching out to moderators is pointless, I am waiting for a private message since October.

Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Smart-Home-Parental/Smart-Parental-Controls-Help-and-Inform...

@Aintanant wrote:

This has not worked.  It is not a solution.  It is a Hail Mary.  Also reaching out to moderators is pointless, I am waiting for a private message since October.

Message 6 of 11
Chuckg1
Star

Furry are you a Bot? It is the second thread I see an empty reply from you with just a link to a FAQ that does not address the question.

Factory reset does not permanently fix the problem. It reoccurs shortly after.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to contact NG support for additional help and information regarding this. This is something NG support needs to review and look at as we don't have any other resources to help on. 

Message 8 of 11
ChristineT
Admin

Hello NETGEAR Community members,

Thank you for sharing your experience here. @FURRYe38  Thank you for sharing the FAQ that outlines the requirements and common issues that can occur when subscribing to Smart Parental Controls. 

@Chuckg1  and @Aintanant  - I'm looking into this issue further on your behalf and will ask our Customer Care Team to reach out to you.

Best Regards,

Christine T.

Message 9 of 11
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @Chuckg1  and @Aintanant ,

I am follow up with you in hopes of confirming your issue(s) is now resolved? Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best,

Christine

Message 10 of 11
Aintanant
Guide

Of course it is not resolved.  Not one thing has been done.  No responses other than we resolved that.  Is it resolved.  I will look into that and get back to you. @ChristineT 

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7