Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Smart Parental Controls renewal failing to activate

Helpful123
Tutor

Smart Parental Controls renewal failing to activate

I have a pair of Netgear Orbi devices - an RBR850 plus a satellite. Running Netgear Armour and Smart Parental Controls. Latest firmware installed. Everything working fine for >1year. Recently renewed Armour subscription - all ok. Also renewed the Parental Controls subscription - not ok. It won’t activate and in the Orbi app keeps asking for me to set it up despite it having been setup and running fine previously?

What’s gone wrong and how do I fix this?

7BB88B62-BDF5-4D91-9A73-950439F58F2F.png

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Helpful123
Tutor

Re: Smart Parental Controls renewal failing to activate

Issue has been resolved by a hard reset of the Orbi router and satellite back to original factory settings, and by completely deleting the Orbi app. Then downloading the Orbi app and set up everything again like a brand new install.

Happy it’s resolved but really shouldn’t have been necessary after simply renewing the smart parental control subscription for another year.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 4
Helpful123
Tutor

Contacted NG Support, in fact that was what I tried to do before posting to the community. Like many other organisations it’s frustrating that they make it so hard to contact a real person for assistance. Anyway got into a chat, confirmed I was on the latest firmware, then was advised to delete and reinstall the Orbi app, did that and of course the chat dropped out and now I can’t reconnect because it says no agents are available. I’ve given up for the evening … writing the case number 46665129 here so I don’t forget it 😕

80942E44-75EF-4212-8C58-BCF71F5F4F8F.png

Message 3 of 4
Helpful123
Tutor

Issue has been resolved by a hard reset of the Orbi router and satellite back to original factory settings, and by completely deleting the Orbi app. Then downloading the Orbi app and set up everything again like a brand new install.

Happy it’s resolved but really shouldn’t have been necessary after simply renewing the smart parental control subscription for another year.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7