Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Smart parental control bypassed by Google chrome incognito mode

Laurent78
Aspirant

Smart parental control bypassed by Google chrome incognito mode

Hello.
I just purchased a Nighthawk router to take control on the websites accessible to my teenage kids. I activated the smart parental control but i notice that the Google chrome incognito mode on Windows 10 is not filtered nor logged in the history. How is it possible?
I have no administrative right on the laptop provided by the high school so I cannot forbid access to this incognito mode.
Thank you for your help.
Best regards.
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Laurent78
Aspirant

Re: Smart parental control bypassed by Google chrome incognito mode

Finally, I don't know exactly how but it started to work. 

It may be because I rebooted the router and kept the computer offline long time enough. 

Case closed. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

This is an interesting question.  I use Chrome "igcognito mode" from time-to-time, and have had the impression that this mode prevents Chrome from saving details about web browsing on the device using Chrome.  Like you, I would think that this would have no impact on how an external process (Smart Parental Controls - SPC) manages internet activity.

Can you give an example of how SPC functions one way when Chrome is not in incognito mode and differently when it is?

p.s. I must confess that I have never enabled any sort of Parental Controls myself, and thus my interest is pure curiosity.

Message 2 of 3
Laurent78
Aspirant

Finally, I don't know exactly how but it started to work. 

It may be because I rebooted the router and kept the computer offline long time enough. 

Case closed. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7