Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Stuck with parental control -

sujan
Follower

Stuck with parental control -

I have a situation in which I am stuck. 

I have Orbi RBR50, firmware and app are the latest.  I had parental control turned on, which expired. I tried to purchase a subscription from the app, it says "This plan is not available", there is no way I can purchase a subscription.

Now I want to disable parental control, there is no way to do it. The app doesn't have an option to turn it off. 

Then I tried to unpause it, and this doesn't work because my profile list has too many devices ( Netgear automatically adds every device it sees in my wifi network, and this gets big over time) and complains about having more than 20 devices in the list for which I need a subscription. 

Then I try to connect to the router web interface using the local IP address/orbilogin.com/orbilogin.net, and I am not allowed as it says "This device is blocked by access control in the router". 

I tried seeking help from Netgear, and for this, I need a support subscription! Apparently, no customer support is available for their existing customers who don't have support subscription. 

I am basically stuck, come on @netgear do something about it. 

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Stuck with parental control -

Yes, if you're outside of 90 days and not in a subscription plan, you have to pay for support. 

Have you tried a simple factory reset/reinstall? might be the fastest option

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7