Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: To use Access Control, please use the Orbi App

KingMarlz
Aspirant

Weird after they fixed it on my end that one night I am able to use the feature but honestly it’s not worth it. It’s not real time I have to reboot the router each time I allow a new device for the effect to actually work. And I have to reboot to see new devices connected. Unless I’m missing something ? Refresh doesn’t refresh
Message 76 of 85
BenjaminNYC
Apprentice

To what feature are you referring?

Message 77 of 85
KingMarlz
Aspirant

Mac filtering/ allowing / blocking new devices.

It will block new devices but to allow I need to allow and reboot for the effect to take place on those devices
Message 78 of 85
radesix78
Guide

Are you sure it’s actually blocking? In my case devices were showing blocked but were not actually blocked.
Message 79 of 85
radesix78
Guide

By the way, I haven’t heard from L3 support in weeks. I gave up and returned the Orbi equipment and switched to another vendor
Message 80 of 85
KingMarlz
Aspirant

It’s it’s blocking, devices get no internet when connecting. Just unblocking is the issue where I need to reboot
Message 81 of 85
BenjaminNYC
Apprentice

Netgear Support just closed another case on me, claiming to have turned off SPC, but they have not.

Message 82 of 85
BenjaminNYC
Apprentice

I take it back. They actually f***ing did it! SPC has been successfully removed from my router. Despite SPC saying "online" still in My Netgear, I am able to access Access Control, set manual DNS entries, and in the app, it says SPC Expired.

For more than six months I've been fighting to have this simple thing done. What an absolute abysmal customer service experience.

Message 83 of 85
radesix78
Guide

That is progress! Have you double checked that Access Control is truly working?  I was able to get back to the Access Control GUI and it APPEARED that Access Control was working - devices would show up as "BLOCKED".  But they weren't actually blocked and could freely access the internet.

Message 84 of 85
BenjaminNYC
Apprentice

I left home for a few days, but I will check when I’m home midweek. I’m mostly excited to (1) set custom DNS, and (2) be able to remove devices in the app device list without being told to turn on SPC!

But I will check if AC actually works.
Message 85 of 85
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 84 replies
  • 18 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7