Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: rbr750

snakeking2
Aspirant

rbr750

cannot set ANY security settings in either app or logged into the router on my home LAN. all items are blanked out - what gives?

RBR753

FW V4.6.3.7

app version 2.11.0.11

thanks for any and all help!

Nagaraj

Message 1 of 14
CrimpOn
Guru

Is this Orbi in 'router' or 'access point' mode?

The question was posted in the community forum for Parental Controls.  Is this the 'app' being used?

Message 2 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Please attach a screen shot of what your seeing to your next post. Use the Choose File button. 

Is Parental Controls seen on the Orbi app? 

@snakeking2 wrote:

cannot set ANY security settings in either app or logged into the router on my home LAN. all items are blanked out - what gives?

RBR753

FW V4.6.3.7

app version 2.11.0.11

thanks for any and all help!

Nagaraj

Message 3 of 14
snakeking2
Aspirant

Thank you!
I have attached the screen shot. No o don’t think I can see parental control although note that you mention it that May be the reason why I can’t change these. Interestingly don’t know where parental control is when o log into the router from a browser window…
Message 4 of 14
CrimpOn
Guru

My Parental Controls is on the Basic Tab menu.

Message 5 of 14
snakeking2
Aspirant

That’s interesting. Thank you. It’s not there in my basic menu. Screen shot attached. I wonder why?
Message 6 of 14
CrimpOn
Guru

@snakeking2 wrote:
That’s interesting. Thank you. It’s not there in my basic menu. Screen shot attached. I wonder why?

I, also, am frustrated by the apparent inconsistency in Orbi firmware.

@FURRYe38 has an AX Orbi (I do not). Maybe he has a way to make Parental Controls appear?

Message 7 of 14
snakeking2
Aspirant

Perhaps a Netgear apps person could chime in here? Why do I not have parental control and likely that bit is set so that I can’t do the other access controls in security??
Message 8 of 14
CrimpOn
Guru

@snakeking2 wrote:
Perhaps a Netgear apps person could chime in here? Why do I not have parental control and likely that bit is set so that I can’t do the other access controls in security??

This is one of the aspects of the Netgear community forums that comes as a surprise to new members. As a community forum, it is only customers who participate. In the four+ years I have been active on the Orbi forum, I have never seen a post from anyone claiming to be a Netgear employee.

(Not to appear in any way to be defending Netgear...) I can sort of understand.  In the tech world, software engineers often "charge their time" in 15 minute increments to specific projects. Reading through random customer posts for hours at a time may not be something Netgear is willing to pay people to do.

Message 9 of 14
snakeking2
Aspirant

😊 indeed although eero/amzn monitors community chats and often chimes in.
To the point of inconsistencies in few pointed out would seem like a ccr an apps person should file against a future release!😊

Anyway maybe I should reload the fw and see if it fixes it. Very distressing that I can’t control either websites access or manage devices on my own network!
Message 10 of 14
raven_au
Virtuoso

@snakeking2 wrote:
Anyway maybe I should reload the fw and see if it fixes it. Very distressing that I can’t control either websites access or manage devices on my own network!

I'm a bit confused by this question.

The AX Orbis don't have a Parental Controls tab in the web UI, they never had Circle parental controls.

The Netgear Smart Parental Controls introduced in the v4 firmware are managed entirely from the Orbi app.

Or am I misunderstanding this thread?

Message 11 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

I believe SPC will only be seen on the Orbi app. Will not appear on the RBRs web page for Orbi AX models. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000062109/How-do-I-set-up-and-install-NETGEAR-Smart-Parental-Controls

Message 12 of 14
snakeking2
Aspirant

Hi Raven
I start The thread actually to sell help in why I’m unable to do access control or manage devices on the orbi router - all those security options are disabled when I log into the router. I speculated that it may be due to the fact that PC is disabled… that’s all.
In reality I need help to figure out how to turn on access control - all of those options are greyed out in the menu…
Thanks!
Message 13 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

I would factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch using a wired PC and web browser. Don't use Orbi app. 
After the RBR is setup, Access Controls should be enabled. 

Access Controls maybe grayed out if PC is enabled.

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7