× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

2 ReadyNAS on same network - some issues.

Geoff2005
Aspirant

2 ReadyNAS on same network - some issues.

I have an RN104 (6.10.8) and have recently pulled an Ultra 2+ out of mothballs and loaded 6.10.8 and put on same network. That have static ip's, one is .099 and the other is .098. I did remove a jbod disc from 104 and put it in the U2 temporarily and it appeared the U2 read it correctly. Anyway now things seem messed up. For instance if I have both NAS powered on Win PC will only see 1 and it may display a share that resides on the other NAS though clicking on it gets "can't find" error. Also Raidar shows the 4 volumes from the 104 listed in the U2. In the admin page of the U2 on volumes section the 4 volumes of the 104 appear listed under the 2 active volumes in the U2.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: 2 ReadyNAS on same network - some issues.

@Geoff2005 wrote:

Does the disk carry a Hostname somewhere that needs to be edited?

All the settings are on the disk.

So check the hostname and the current static IP address config on the Ultra, and make sure they are correct (not duplicating the RN104).

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Did you change the hostname when you migrated the disks to the U2?

Message 2 of 5
Geoff2005
Aspirant

I had assigned the U2 a hostname in initial setup with a couple of relatively small disks. When I then transferred a disk from 104 to U2 it overwrote the U2 host name to same as 104, which I then changed back via U2 admin page. Does the disk carry a Hostname somewhere that needs to be edited?

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Geoff2005 wrote:

Does the disk carry a Hostname somewhere that needs to be edited?

All the settings are on the disk.

So check the hostname and the current static IP address config on the Ultra, and make sure they are correct (not duplicating the RN104).

Message 4 of 5
Geoff2005
Aspirant

Checked hostname and ip were different but issue persisted. Have done a system reset on the U2 and resolved.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements