× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

2TB Seagate Drives on Sale.. not on HCL.. problem?

rainn
Follower

2TB Seagate Drives on Sale.. not on HCL.. problem?

Seagate ST320005N4A 2TB drives are on sale for $75 at Bestbuy.com.

We just purchased a new Readynas Pro 4 and would like to buy these drives as they are a fantastic deal considering the flooding in Thailand has shot all drive prices up over 50%.

Think they'll work fine even if not on the HCL? Eventually they may make it onto the HCL?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks
Message 1 of 3
PapaBear1
Guide

Re: 2TB Seagate Drives on Sale.. not on HCL.. problem?

Interesting - not only are they not on the HCL, they are not listed on either Newegg or Amazon that I could find. Amazon does list the ST320005N4A1AS-RK retail kit for $120. I think I would keep looking, personally. If it is not on the HCL and you have problems, Tech Support will not assist you if they determine it is a drive problem.
Message 2 of 3
o_a_ravi
Aspirant

Re: 2TB Seagate Drives on Sale.. not on HCL.. problem?

I found this review on this drive by someone in bestbuy.com -

"I bought this to round out my ReadyNAS NV+ for home storage. I mated it up with three Samsung spinpoint 2 TB drives I had from a previous storage machine (had motherboard issues) and after the usual issues with the ReadyNAS (I had to do a factory reset after getting all the drives in it) it's been running like a champ. Having 5.5 TB of storage at home is great, and I'm planning on seeing if I can use the ReadyNAS for iSCSI storage for my VMware farm. So far none of the drives have been an issue."

Thanks to the user whoever posted.

Though this was for NV+ , I guess this should work for other ReadyNAS as well ?
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements