× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

314 DLNA ?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

314 DLNA ?

At present I have a Duo v2 with 2 x 2TB WD Red drives storing a heck of a lot of movies in MP4 format. I can browse to the drive from the "Source" button on my TV remote and choose which movie to play. I am thinking of upgrading to a 314 but I believe from reading other posts that DLNA is not implemented yet on the 314 Firmware, does this mean that I would not be able to stream to my TV as per the Duo ? Will DLNA be added in the future ? It would be useful to know before I jump in and purchase a 314.
Thank you in advance Simon
Message 1 of 6
vandermerwe
Master

Re: 314 DLNA ?

Which posts are you referring to?

There have been some posts from users with DLNA problems and rumours of a bug, but this is not something that I've seen substantiated as a problem with OS6 and DLNA. You must remember that users with problems will generally try to blame the software even when the problem has been created by user error or an issue unrelated to the software.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detai ... y-readynas
Message 2 of 6
Afiorai
Aspirant

DLNA works for me and my 314. I stream movies to both a TV and to a Blu-Ray player.
Message 3 of 6
hmuessig
Luminary

I have a 314 also. DLNA works just fine to my Samsung TV and to our iPads.
Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

You actually have 2 DLNA servers available - you can choose either Plex or ReadyDLNA.
Message 5 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thank you everyone for putting my queries to bed, the post I read was from last year which of course a few Firmwares ago. I tried Plex once on my TV, Galaxy S4 phone and Tablet but ended up just using ReadyDLNA With my Asus AC66U I can also stream movies, music and pictures via the AiCloud Asus App wherever I have internet access.
Regards Simon

ps Thank you for the Link to the OS6 page.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements