× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A suggestion

garethi
Aspirant

A suggestion

I have had a NV+ V2 for around a week now and its not been a pleasant experience.

In all of the issues I am suffering, byt far the worse is the lack of user feedback from this device.

For instance:

Back ups. QNAP tells you the % complete for any given back up. Readynas 'in progress' this means nothing.

LCD Display. Says 'Booting' Actually whats happening is a system file check, but raidar says filecheck 100%. Again no information for the end user which makes sense, conflicting information, wrong information.

Whats the point of the LCD screen, is this just a sales gimmick? It provides no real information what so ever.

I have to say support has been very good, they know their stuff and are very helpful and friendly. But the device is a nightmare. Its busted in so many ways. Cannot set folders in shares. Cannot change defaults of FTP, cannot create successful backups. Rysync backups crash the Unit, trying to download logs causes hangs, drops on and off the network constantly.

In 8 days of ownership I have had to cuddle it like a new born baby just to get it to do anything, and again I am left looking at a pointless LCD screen that says 'booting' when it patently is not booting.

I accept that ultimately computers go wrong, sometimes you get a lemon and no doubt there are millions of very happy readynas users, sure I picked this device because of feedback from others. But the main issue I have with this device is its lack of user feedback, please consider ways of utilising the LCD panel more. How difficult would it be to say 'performing system check' or what ever on it instead of 'bootong'
How difficult would it be to give a percentage of backup done?
How difficult would it be to be able to just move files around from the web interface?

Less on the fancy spinning fan graphics and more on the actual use of the machine would be great.

I am off to do yet another reset of this device.
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements