× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Access ready nas via the web using active directoy

Lesmanynunez
Aspirant

Access ready nas via the web using active directoy

Good afteernoon i have setup a rady nas on my networkk using active directoy mapped drives, persmissions are flawless, i am wondering if i cant still enable the access via the web with ready cloud while mainting the active directory permissions.

Message 1 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Access ready nas via the web using active directoy

@Lesmanynunez

Welcome to the Community!

For you to be able to use ReadyCloud to access the Admin page it needs you to run the Service, Unfortunately the service cannot run concurrently while the NAS is joined on the AD.

But discovery still works from ReadyCloud not sure though if it will let you access the admin page remotely without ReadyCloud service enabled. I haven't tried it yet.

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

A VPN is an alternative for remote access with A/D enabled (though I've not got A/D myself).  I personally like ZeroTier, but there are others, including those that run in your router instead of the NAS.

Message 3 of 4
Lesmanynunez
Aspirant

Well since is a temporary solucion i connected everyone via splashtop for the time been, once in the domain they will need to authenticate and access the folders from there. i tried setting it up with AD in the portal and is a no go. thus splashtop solution. thank you guys for the assit

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements