× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Admin Page not working on FrontView: ReadyNAS Duo Model RND2150

BudgetBoy
Aspirant

Admin Page not working on FrontView: ReadyNAS Duo Model RND2150

I have had the ReadyNAS Duo, model RND2150, (firmware version 4.1.16) for several years now with no problems whatsoever. Yesterday, I ran RAIDar (6.4.0) and received the usual splash screen. When I clicked on the "Admin Page" button, another window opened up showing the FrontVeiw, however, it was blank as to the menu items down the left side and any technical data within the body of the window (please see print screen attached).

On a side note, when I enter the IP address of the NAS into a browser window (IE) and enter my login information, I get the shares directory window. From there I am able to select an icon (share), which opens up a detailed view of the share itself. From the tools listed, I can refresh, edit, cut, paste, delete, etc., 

That said, my problem really lies in not being able to access the "Admin Page"... any help would be greatly appreciated - Thank you!

Model: ReadyNASRND2150|ReadyNAS Duo 500GB (1 X 500GB)
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Admin Page not working on FrontView: ReadyNAS Duo Model RND2150

HI @BudgetBoy

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried using a different browser or clearing web cache before trying to access the admin page again? Also using your NAS IP address have you tried using https://NAS-IP/admin? This is a possible browser issue not on the NAS but rebooting the device might help.

Hope this one helps!

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

HI @BudgetBoy

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried using a different browser or clearing web cache before trying to access the admin page again? Also using your NAS IP address have you tried using https://NAS-IP/admin? This is a possible browser issue not on the NAS but rebooting the device might help.

Hope this one helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 6
937carrera_2
Aspirant

I have a couple of those and have just solved a similar problem on mine.

What browser are you using and what happens when you access the admin page using the IP address as suggested above ?

Message 3 of 6
BudgetBoy
Aspirant

As suggested, I cleared the web cache in in Chrome, IE, and Firefox. Ran RAIDar again in Chrome, still no data in Frontview (admin page). Ran RAIDar in IE -l ogged in and clicked Admin Page. Frontview came up with all the data as it should! Went into Windows Explorer and attempted to move files from one share to another. However, I received a message that said "you require permission from Unix/root to make changes to this folder". My research of this suggested that I "reset the permissions for this share" on the NAS. Additional research on this community led me to a software manual for the home RAIDiator and the interface was very different from Frontview's. So, how do I "reset" permissions for shares on my ReadyNAS Duo RND2150-100 NAS?

Thank you all!

Message 4 of 6
BudgetBoy
Aspirant

Apparrently, Internet Explorer (IE) browser worked, whereas, Chrome did not in accessing Frontview... Thank you!

Message 5 of 6
937carrera_2
Aspirant

To change the rights on a share follow these menu options:

Shares

Share Listing

Click on the share you want to change use the CIFS column

Advanced Options tab

Make sure the owner is nobody / no group

Tick the box to change share ownership to above settings

Apply

After a few minutes you will get a message saying permissions have been reset

The issue with Chrome is probably that the NAS https certificate is not installed, Firefox might give you better advice for an certificate from an uncertified authority and allow you to store and exception

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements