× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Admin page System Overview has red bar for a nearing full volume?

ninty89
Follower

Admin page System Overview has red bar for a nearing full volume?

https://imgur.com/1dIffFh

https://imgur.com/pYM2y7p

The Overview page has the volumes and the one that is near full is showing as a full red bar?

Is this just a warning it's nearly full or have I done something wrong with my RAID set up? I'm very new to this, but the volumes look like they are reportedly healthy, so I don't understand the alarming colour.

Thanks for any and all suggestions/help 🙂

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Admin page System Overview has red bar for a nearing full volume?

It's red because it's too full.  Generally Netgear begins warning about capacity planning when the volume reaches 70% full - yours is about 90%.

It looks like you haven't put any shares on your second disk - so begin by creating a share on it, and moving some files over from the main volume. 

Another path (perhaps better)  is to delete the second volume, and replace the second disk with a larger one - e.g. another 6 TB one.  Then create some shares on it, and move about half your files over to it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: Admin page System Overview has red bar for a nearing full volume?

It's red because it's too full.  Generally Netgear begins warning about capacity planning when the volume reaches 70% full - yours is about 90%.

It looks like you haven't put any shares on your second disk - so begin by creating a share on it, and moving some files over from the main volume. 

Another path (perhaps better)  is to delete the second volume, and replace the second disk with a larger one - e.g. another 6 TB one.  Then create some shares on it, and move about half your files over to it.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements