× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Alerts: Add Button is missing - Can only send alerts to one person #27358988

Hank1974
Aspirant

Alerts: Add Button is missing - Can only send alerts to one person #27358988

I just purchased a ReadyNAS 202 for our company (firmware 6.3.4).

I have alerts working (would only work with DHCP, never with Static IPs - which sucks because we can't use the FQDN to connect via IE due to our firewall), but would like to add more than one person to the email list.

I can't use the ";" between email addy's because NAS hates it.
But there isn't any other option.
When checking the documentation, it seems there SHOULD be an 'Add' button in the Alerts field, but there is none.

Do I have a different GUI version than others that only allows for one email recipient?
I sure hope not. We have multiple people that need to see these alerts.

Thanks,

Hank

Message 1 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Alerts: Add Button is missing - Can only send alerts to one person

Hi Hank1974,

Welcome to the community!

Update your Firmware to the latest (release notes for both 6.5.0 and 6.5.1) and take time to read the ff. articles before you proceed.

Firmware Upgrade Guide and Tips

ReadyCLOUD to MyNETGEAR Single Sign-On FAQ

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Alerts: Add Button is missing - Can only send alerts to one person

Hi Hank1974,

Are you still having issues with your ReadyNAS? Kindly post back or update this thread.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Alerts: Add Button is missing - Can only send alerts to one person #27358988

You do need to update the firmware to see the UI shown in the articles as my colleague mentioned. You'll find it easier to work with the updated UI.

Please make sure you are using the ARM firmware image as that is the one for your NAS. Uploading the zip file should work, but it would be best to unzip the .zip file and try uploading the .img file.

On old firmware you can use a space rather than a ; as a delimiter when configuring email alerts. In the updated UI adding email alert recipients is much more straightforward.

Message 4 of 6
Hank1974
Aspirant

Re: Alerts: Add Button is missing - Can only send alerts to one person #27358988

I tried uploading the ARM file in both .zip and .img format and both failed.
There's no error message as the wheel just continously spins forever.

Regarding my IP configurations, I use the same DNS IP's for both static and DHCP. HTTP and HTTPS are also green and configured properly.

Message 5 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Hank1974,

I've sent you a PM. Kindly check your inbox.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements