× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Antivirus scanner definition file update failed due to download failure. Check your Internet connect

ashfakjs
Guide

Antivirus scanner definition file update failed due to download failure. Check your Internet connect

Dear All, I'm facing issue with anitivrus update as its getting failed to update the antivirus below the error message we are getting.

Note : NAS device is connected to internet and other services are running fine which required internet connection. do any one face same issue and did it got resolved.

Model: RN428|ReadyNAS 428 – High-performance Business Data Storage - 8-Bays
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
ashfakjs
Guide

Re: Antivirus scanner definition file update failed due to download failure. Check your Internet ...

have you fixed your issue with the Antivirus updates failed, or still you are having same issue.

If you have fixed then please let me know what are the steps have yoou performed to fix the issue.

Regards

Ashfak

View solution in original post

Model: RN422X122|ReadyNAS 4220 10Gbase-T (12x2TB Enterprise)
Message 5 of 7

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Antivirus scanner definition file update failed due to download failure. Check your Internet ...

@ashfakjs

Welcome to the Community!

What NAS model do you have? Have you updated to the latest version of FW (6.10.5)?

Message 2 of 7
ashfakjs
Guide

Im having Model :ReadyNAS 42800, yes i have downloaded firmware maually from netgear site and updated the firmware to the latest version. 

Model: RN428|ReadyNAS 428 – High-performance Business Data Storage - 8-Bays
Message 3 of 7
qzkhtw1
Tutor

I'm having the same issue. File hasn't updated since February 1, 2021. Firmware is at 6.5.10.

Message 4 of 7
ashfakjs
Guide

have you fixed your issue with the Antivirus updates failed, or still you are having same issue.

If you have fixed then please let me know what are the steps have yoou performed to fix the issue.

Regards

Ashfak

Message 5 of 7
ashfakjs
Guide

I have fix the issue my self and now my NAS device antivirus is getting updated. Thanks folks

you folks can reach me if you need any assistance in fixing Antivirus updated failed.

Warm Regards

Ashfak

Message 6 of 7
qzkhtw1
Tutor

Please post the steps to resolve. Updating firmware did not solve my issue.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements