× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Backup Exclude List stopped allowing me to add new folders

tommy747
Aspirant

Backup Exclude List stopped allowing me to add new folders

I have developed a problem with the exclude list for one of my backup jobs.   There are currently 89 entries in the list, and when I add another, it doesn't take effect.   After alot of playing around, I noticed that if I delete an existing entry, the newly added entry begins to work properly.  Then, when I add the deleted entry back to the end of list, it is ignored.   I'm wondering if there is a limit to the size of the exclude list, or do I have corruption in the list?

Thanks in advance

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

@tommy747 wrote:

I'm wondering if there is a limit to the size of the exclude list, or do I have corruption in the list?

It sounds like there is a limit to the size of the list.  Hopefully @Marc_V or @JohnCM_S will confirm.

But you could test it (tediously) by creating a new backup job, and re-entering the list from scratch.

Message 2 of 3
tommy747
Aspirant

Actually I did just that,  I created a new backup job and found that there is exactly 87 entries allowed in the exclude list!  If you add number 87 it is ignored.   It is a strange number, but that is what I found.   I would consider this solved, unless anyone has a workaround or comment.

Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements