× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backup PC folder; Folder Backup Error

GPSIS_HQ
Guide

Backup PC folder; Folder Backup Error

Hello, I am trying to setup a PC to ReadyNAS backup.

I get the attached error when I try to backup any folder on my laptop.

Model: RN20400|4BAY Diskless Desktop Readynas Storage
Message 1 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Backup PC folder; Folder Backup Error

Hi @GPSIS_HQ

Were it able to create a folder on ReadyCloud when you initiated the backup? Have you tried creating another on a different Workstation/PC?

What is the NAS firmware installed on your ReadyNAS?

Regards

Message 2 of 5
GPSIS_HQ
Guide

@Marc_V wrote:

Hi @GPSIS_HQ

Were it able to create a folder on ReadyCloud when you initiated the backup? Have you tried creating another on a different Workstation/PC?

What is the NAS firmware installed on your ReadyNAS?

Regards

Hello @Marc_V,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

No there was no folder created on the NAS. The firmware version is 6.9.3

There is no other workstation available...this is a home setup; had no problem doing this 2 years ago.

I can access the NAS and read/write operations work fine.

I had a HD change in my laptop and reinstalled the ReadyCLOUD desktop client. 

Since the folder names have changed from the previous HD, it cannot backup those folders as they no longer exist.

I need to create new PC backup folders for the new folders on the PC, then copy the files from the old folders [on the NAS] to the new PC Backup folders on the NAS, after that is done I would delete the older PC backup folders from the NAS.

Model: RN204|ReadyNAS204
Message 3 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @GPSIS_HQ

"I need to create new PC backup folders for the new folders on the PC, then copy the files from the old folders [on the NAS] to the new PC Backup folders on the NAS, after that is done I would delete the older PC backup folders from the NAS."

Creating new folder would then be the best option here since you have changed HD and reinstalled your Operating system.

Regards

Message 4 of 5
InspiredMinds
Aspirant

RN10200
I have this problem, same error message when I am trying to Back Up a folder from my PC so that it will auto sync. Doesnt matter what file I try to use to become a back up
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements