× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backup Status: Fail: Destination cannot be accessed.

jstammers
Aspirant

Hi, 

We have been having issues with our ReadyNAS 202, it has recently started failing on the backup to an external HDD. The error recieved is:

We have two HDD and they get swapped out, running a backup Mon/Wed/Fri and Tues/Thur.

The ReadyNAS will run the backup schedule for a couple of days, then it will fail with the above message, when we log on to the ReadyNAS it can see the Ext HDD is connected, but will not run a backup to the device even when we try to start manually. 

We have tried a new Ext HDD, but the same issue. We have formated the Ext HDD and deleted the schedule, then rebuilt the schedule backup and this helps for a couple of days, but again we run into the same error. 

The NAS is accessed by Mac's and the HDD format is NTFS.

Our next port of call is replacing the NAS. 

Any help would be great.

Model: RN20221D|ReadyNAS202
Message 1 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Backup Status: Fail: Destination cannot be accessed.

Hi @jstammers

Welcome to the Community!

What firmware is your NAS running? What port are you using for the Ext drive? there is a chance that the USB name changes reason why it can't be accessed by the Backup job. If you are using the port where it is connected this might resolve it.

It might be better to check on the logs, can you provide me a google drive link through PM? If your NAS is not yet updated, I would advise to do so.

Regards

Message 2 of 3
jstammers
Aspirant

Re: Backup Status: Fail: Destination cannot be accessed.

Hi Marc_V

The firmware is up to date 6.9.5. 

Each Ext HDD drive has its own cable, in a specific port, so the drives get connected to the same port each time. 

I think I may have solved it. I was using the Ext HDD root as the destination. I have added a folder on the drive, and set the Path Destination as this folder. 

I could run a backup manually now, so I have caught up on last nights failed backup. I have formatted and added the folder on the Tues/Thur drive now, and set the new Path/Destination.

It will run on schedule tonight, and we shall see if we have any issues after this change. 

I will update the thread tomorrow if this hasn't resolved the issue. 

The log doesn't actually show a reason other than "Backup Status: Fail: Destination cannot be accessed."

James

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements