× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backup : where to begin

xeltros
Apprentice

Backup : where to begin

Hi everyone.

I see many people on those forums that have questions about backups.
Some come there because they already lost their data and seek a way to get them back. Other are blindly trusting RAID to ensure their data safety. There are also folks asking where to begin to have a good backup system.

To answer all those concerns, I tried to write a document about backup.
I came out with a document that I hope will help many people. I am willing to update it if needed, depending on the feedback I get.

I’d like you to keep in mind three things while reading :
- English is not my first language, so a few mistakes might remain. If you spot some, please PM (to avoid topic flood) them to me so that I correct them.
- Everything I say is how I do things and how I’ve seen them done. There may be other opinions, I’ll be happy to hear them out.
- This document provides the keys to efficient backup, do not expect a whole package with a working backup system at the end, but you'll have everything you need to think it by yourself.

The Document is available here

Every constructive comment is welcome.
I hope this will be helpful.

Xel.
Message 1 of 4
Nhellie
Virtuoso

Re: Backup : where to begin

I have just read this, this is awesome. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4
xeltros
Apprentice

Thanks, what part did you prefer ? Would you improve anything ?
Message 3 of 4
Nhellie
Virtuoso

I like the Method part, you got that going well. As of now, the document will suffice but sooner or later you will have to change some things (not major) as the technology changes. There might be new things that you will add in the future, but as of now, this is all good.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements