× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Best hardware solution to help a crashed ReadyNASRND4000

Storugglan
Follower

Best hardware solution to help a crashed ReadyNASRND4000

Hi!

Here's the background info on my problem:

I own a ReadyNAS RND4000v3 (so the lable says) as I use as the family file server. It has worked like a charm for almost seven years.
Some days ago, our power company alerted us of a planned power outage and so I shut my NAS down before going to work.
When I got back home, my NAS was dead as a doornail. It doesn't respond to anything in any way. I suspect that there was a spike in the electric grid when the power came back on that fried the power unit in the NAS.

Now to my question:
I'm certain my four disks, that was configured as RAID5 (four disks with redundancy) are all ok. Since the NAS unit is old I guess there's no way for me to get service on the unit itself, so I wonder: Is there any other way for me to purchase a more modern unit and install and use the same disks, almost like nothing ever happened? I use high end Maxtor Server classed disks with 10 year warranty so I wouldn't want to waste them (not to mention that I want access to the data on them).

Can anyone here help me out and/or give me advice on how to proceed?

Model: ReadyNAS RND4000v2|ReadyNAS NV+ v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Best hardware solution to help a crashed ReadyNASRND4000

You have an NV+ v1 platform (a sparc based NAS).  The "v3' in the label means it was the third hardware revision of the v1.

You have a couple of options:

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements