× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can not connect

Yoda3647
Aspirant

Can not connect

ReadyNas 316 Okay my problem started when my VPN tech Support told me to do this

"

Danil Kolesnikov (Support Team)

Jan 13, 2022, 4:57 GMT+2

Dear Customer,

Thanks for attached screenshot.

We recommend reinstalling the app to do the following:
1. Quit the VPN Unlimited app, click with right mouse button on VPN Unlimited icon in tray menu (near the clocks) -> Quit VPN Unlimited (if it is not possible, just skip this step and proceed to the next one).
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del buttons -> start Task Manager -> go to Processes tab -> End VPN Unlimited process, if it’s still there
3. Go to Control panel -> Programs and Features, uninstall the VPN Unlimited app at dialogue box please check the option "Delete VPN Unlimited settings"
4. Go to Control panel -> Programs and Features, uninstall the TAP-Windows
5. Reboot your PC.
6. Turn off Antivirus/Firewall software.
7. Install the standalone version from our website:
https://www.vpnunlimited.com/downloads/windows

You can check the installation manual here:
https://www.vpnunlimited.com/help/manuals/windows-10

Try to connect, and let us know about your results.

--
Best regards,
Danil Kolesnikov
Customer Support Team"

After I did what he told me to I am now no longer able to connect to my NAS I tried to use the command promt code/input I was told how from here doing net use t: \\nas-ip-address\data /user:admin nas-admin-password” and I get ""System error 53 has occurred." I try using RairDar say it cannot find any and in the Netgear app it says next to my NAS's name "Online(VPN Discounected)" any and all help needed. thanks in advance
Model: RN31661D|ReadyNAS 316 6-Bay 6x1TB Desktop Drive
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Yoda3647
Aspirant

Re: Can not connect

Thanks for the quick reply but I figured it out. As to your question yes it was the Ready cloud app I was talking about, and as to the PING tried that and no response. Now as to the problem solving.

I figured out that the VPN app from VPNunlimited automatically started when I restared my PC after reinstalling it and also the VPN app also has in the settings a KILL function that if the VPN is not on to not connect to internet, So I change the settings to not auto start and turned the KILL function off then I restared my PC and I can now connect to my NAS.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@Yoda3647 wrote:
in the Netgear app it says next to my NAS's name "Online(VPN Discounected)"

Is ReadyCloud?  If not, what "Netgear app" do you mean?

@Yoda3647 wrote:
"net use t: \\nas-ip-address\data /user:admin nas-admin-password” and I get System error 53 has occurred." 

Can you ping the NAS IP address...

Message 2 of 3
Yoda3647
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick reply but I figured it out. As to your question yes it was the Ready cloud app I was talking about, and as to the PING tried that and no response. Now as to the problem solving.

I figured out that the VPN app from VPNunlimited automatically started when I restared my PC after reinstalling it and also the VPN app also has in the settings a KILL function that if the VPN is not on to not connect to internet, So I change the settings to not auto start and turned the KILL function off then I restared my PC and I can now connect to my NAS.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements