× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can see ReadyNas on Raidar but cannot browse

Devius
Aspirant

Can see ReadyNas on Raidar but cannot browse

Hello everybody,
I recently changed my PC and stored a backup of my data on the ReadyNAS. Although it always worked perfectly fine with the previous PC, and also works fine with other devices (including PS4, other PCs and a SmartTV), it doesn't seem to work with my new PC. Even if Raidar finds the ReadyNAS, when I click "Browse" it says "the specified server cannot perform the requested operation" and does not allow me to browse the storage.
I made sure that my new PC and the ReadyNAS are in the same workgroup, and that they have the same subnet mask... also, I made sure that their IPs have the same starting numbers: the pc has the IP 192.168.1.6 , and the NAS has the IP 192.168.1.41. I also made sure that the firewall wasn't getting in the way, creating a rule that allows connection to 192.168.1.41.
Also, I can connect and administrate the nas from the browser -- but still, I cannot browse the files using windows explorer.

The previous attempts at solving the problem were made following threads in this very community -- but alas, they didn't work.

I guess I need some help, here.

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Devius
Aspirant

Re: Can see ReadyNas on Raidar but cannot browse

I solved the problem following this thread:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/File-sharing-WINDOWS-10-ReadyNAS-no...

I don't know which one of the suggestions did it, because I did them all and only after I restarted the PC, Raidar started working properly.
Hope this can help someone else 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Devius
Aspirant

I solved the problem following this thread:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/File-sharing-WINDOWS-10-ReadyNAS-no...

I don't know which one of the suggestions did it, because I did them all and only after I restarted the PC, Raidar started working properly.
Hope this can help someone else 🙂

Message 2 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

What happens if you type \\192.168.1.41 into a Windows Explorer address bar (note, NOT Internet Explorer)?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements