× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can someone from NETGEAR actually read this and prove you don't really suck?

N_i_c_k
Aspirant

Can someone from NETGEAR actually read this and prove you don't really suck?

Been through 3 levels of phone support - nobody could ask a simple question, discussed here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/Unlocking-encrypted-RAID-with-USB-disk/m...

This is a great customer service. Shows us they really care.

Tomorrow I will post another topic, asking the same.

I will script it for posting every few hours, perhaps someone will notice.

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can someone from NETGEAR actually read this and prove you don't really suck?

@N_i_c_k

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having issues or questions that Support or the community might not have answered. Were you able to do the suggestions provided by the members?

Was the key sent to your Email at the time of encrypting the volume? or it's a backup from your USB Drive?

It seems that you were able to contact Support and got to L3 experts, may I ask for your case number so we can further inquire the issue you are trying to resolve so we can try to get an answer and help you out Smiley Wink

I wouldn't suggest posting the same topic as it will only go to the Spam bin, Kindly PM me your case number and we will make sure this is taken care of.

Regards

Message 2 of 3
N_i_c_k
Aspirant

Re: Can someone from NETGEAR actually read this and prove you don't really suck?

Hey @Marc_V !

Thanks for replying.

Please check my reply in the original post:

Unlocking encrypted RAID with USB disk               

I think the case was only gonna be open for 24 hours? Or that's the time I had to call in after the case was initially created?

Anyway, it doesn't matter now - I've summarized it in the original topic.

It's still a bit frustrating on how it took 20+ min. on the phone and talking to a few people without being able to get answers to 2 very simple questions:

- What does the file system of the external disk containing the encryption key need to be?

- Could they confirm the name is 'data.key'?

But we've moved on past that now, so there's no use beating a dead horse.

Thanks again!

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements