× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't Access Web GUI after app uninstall

MVega14
Aspirant

Can't Access Web GUI after app uninstall

Hello 

Can anyone please help ! 

I know this is a well known issue, lost web GUI access after uninstalling AJAXexplorer app, SSH is not enabled 

Running on Firmware 6.2.0

Thank you much in advance 

Model: RN422X122|ReadyNAS 4220 10Gbase-T (12x2TB Enterprise)
Message 1 of 12
StephenB
Guru

Re: Can't Access Web GUI after app uninstall

@MVega14 wrote:

Running on Firmware 6.2.0

6.2.0? Or 6.10.2?

@MVega14 wrote:

I know this is a well known issue, lost web GUI access after uninstalling AJAXexplorer app, SSH is not enabled 

It would be prudent to make a backup of your data (if you don't already have one).

Try doing an OS reinstall from the boot menu.  That will also 

• reset the admin password to password
  • reset the network to use dhcp with no bonding
  • disable volume quota (which can be turned back on from the volume settings wheel).

Message 2 of 12
MVega14
Aspirant

@StephenB 

I have about 18TB of data on this NAS, would not be an easy task to do a backup,  wish i had SSH enabled 😕

Would OS reinstall also reset other user accounts ?  and assuming shares will not be affected 

Thanks for replying 

Message 3 of 12
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MVega14,

Would OS reinstall also reset other user accounts ?  and assuming shares will not be affected 

OS re-install will not reset the other user accounts and shares will not be affected as well.

If you can download logs through RAIDar, please download it then you may provide it to us so we can further check the issue. You may send it by uploading it to a file-sharing site then send the download link via private message.

Regards,

Message 4 of 12
MVega14
Aspirant

@JohnCM_S  II dont see any option to get logs from raidar, all i see is icon to get to the admin page , browse, rescan, about, help and exit .

Raidar version 6.5.0

Message 5 of 12
StephenB
Guru

@MVega14 wrote:

I have about 18TB of data on this NAS, would not be an easy task to do a backup,  wish i had SSH enabled 😕

RAID isn't enough to protect your data, so at some point you will lose it if you don't have a backup plan in place.  A couple of large USB drives would be enough to do the job.

One concern here is that your OS partition could be full.  If that is the case, then it is possible that your configuration could be corrupted (which can affect data).  Though paid support can usually fix it.

@MVega14 wrote:

No, it won't affect other accounts and shares.

@MVega14 wrote:

@JohnCM_S  II dont see any option to get logs from raidar, all i see is icon to get to the admin page , browse, rescan, about, help and exit .

Raidar version 6.5.0

That sounds like RAIDar 4.3.8 to me.  You should see this:

RAIDar 6.5.png

Message 6 of 12
MVega14
Aspirant

@StephenB See screenshoot below , maybe wont let me see the rest of the optionos/features because im not logged in as Admin.

I will perform a OS-reinstall and get back to you guys with results, Hope i dont wipe any data Smiley LOL

I agree in regards backing up dont matter what, i think i would need more than a couple of usb drives to perfrom this task, server capacity is 40TB

Thank You

Message 7 of 12
StephenB
Guru

@MVega14 wrote:

@StephenB See screenshoot below , maybe wont let me see the rest of the optionos/features because im not logged in as Admin.

Ok.  Per your screenshot you are running ancient firmware. 6.1.6 was released in January 2014, 6.2.0 was released in September 2014.

I think that explains why you aren't seeing the download logs option in RAIDar, and likely also explains why you lost your web interface. 

I don't think an OS reinstall will help (though it does no harm to try).  I think you'll need to upgrade the system to run current firmware.

The easiest way to do that on the RN4220 is to power down, and remove the disks (labeling by slot).  Then do a fresh install on using a scratch disk.  Upgrade the firmware, and then power down.  Restore the original disks, and boot up.  The system should be updated to the new firmware - which I think will resolve your problem.

On the RN2120 (which still has a functional web interface) - you can't upgrade in one step.  You first need to install 6.2.5, and then 6.5.2.  After that you can upgrade to 6.9.5 (long term stable) or 6.10.2 (current production).

Message 8 of 12
MVega14
Aspirant

@StephenB  Thanks for all your input and sorry for my late reply.

So i haven't done anything yet to the server, no os reinstall or firmware update, i would have to wait until the coming weekend to perform this.

I read about the scratch method and seems like the way to go since OS reinstall might no fix my issue, how safe is this method? is there any risk of data/raid corruption by doing this ?  seems like as longest i label my disks i should be fine right ! 

in regards 2120, that guy is good and running with no issues but i will definitely get it up to date to prevent future problems 

Message 9 of 12
StephenB
Guru

@MVega14 wrote:

I read about the scratch method and seems like the way to go since OS reinstall might no fix my issue, how safe is this method? is there any risk of data/raid corruption by doing this ?  seems like as longest i label my disks i should be fine right ! 

Backing up the files would be a good idea, especially since the firmware is so old.

However, the scratch disk is a reasonable way to go.

Message 10 of 12
MVega14
Aspirant

All Right Guys, OS reinstall did the trick, my server is up and running and my data is intact. 

Thank You All for taking the time to help me out on this. 

Cheers, stay safe out there! 

Message 11 of 12
StephenB
Guru

Thx for following up!

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation