× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot access admin page - connection refused

jamiebeith
Aspirant

Cannot access admin page - connection refused

I can no longer access the admin page.  When I open RAIDar, it says the disk is healthy and I'm on Firmware 6.5.1  and that the IP is the same as it always has been.  It also displays the same IP on the front of the machine.  When I browse to that page, I get:

This site can’t be reached

192.168.1.3 refused to connect.

When I try to view the logs on RAIDar, I try to log in with the password I know is correct and it says "Not a valid user name or password"

I think I may have installed an app before it stopped working and never checked back after doing it, but it was a long time ago that I last attempted to check the admin page so I'm not sure.  What can I do to remedy this?

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot access admin page - connection refused

@jamiebeth

Welcome to the Community!

Are you having issues with data access? Have you tried to clear the web cache on your browser and also tried to use a different browser?

If this still does not resolve the issue, you may want to try doing an OS-Reinstall.

Here is the guide to do OS-Reinstall

I would advise updating the firmware as well once you have access back to the NAS Admin page.

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

Just to check, you are trying using user name "admin", not another you use for file access?  Is it possible that you did an OS re-install and forgot you had to?  That would change the password to "password".

Message 3 of 5
jamiebeith
Aspirant

I should say that I have tried to clear the cache and cookies to no avail.

Will reinstalling the OS delete my data?
Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@jamiebeith wrote:
Will reinstalling the OS delete my data?

No (unless something goes horribly wrong).  A factory default will, so be careful not to do that.

Instructions are on page 24 of the user manual here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNAS_%20OS6_Desktop_HM_EN.pdf

The OS reinstall will

• partially reinstall the operating system from the image in the flash
  • reset the admin password to password
  • set the network configuration to use dhcp (and disable link aggregration if used)
  • turn off volume quota (on the volume settings wheel).
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements