× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot access my ReadyNAS

Fralle01
Aspirant

Cannot access my ReadyNAS

I have a Netgear ReadyNASRND2110 that used to be accessed from my previous router, but after switched to Google WIFI I cannot "see" the device from windows anymore. According to Google support I need the port number to open up the Google router. Does anybody know where to find the port number?

Message 1 of 12
StephenB
Guru

Re: Cannot access my ReadyNAS

@Fralle01 wrote:

According to Google support I need the port number to open up the Google router. Does anybody know where to find the port number?

Don't know what they are thinking, but that is incorrect.

@Fralle01 wrote:

I have a Netgear ReadyNASRND2110 that used to be accessed from my previous router, but after switched to Google WIFI I cannot "see" the device from windows anymore.

Did you configure a static IP address on the NAS? If so, it is likely that your new router is using a different IP address space.

Try using RAIDar and see if it can find the NAS (version 6.5 is fine for this): https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads

If it does discover the address, then check the first three fields (xxx.xxx.xxx ) with the ones used by your new router.  If they don't match, then the NAS IP address is no longer compatible with your network.  There are a couple of ways to fix this, but let's first confirm that is the problem.

Message 2 of 12
Fralle01
Aspirant

RAIDar discovers the NAS from PC, and IP adress are found 192.168.1.1, status i "in good shape" 🙂

Now I need to try to find out there to find the IP adress on the Google router.

TIps?

Message 3 of 12
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Fralle01,

May I know the IP address of your Google router?

Do the first three fields of the ReadyNAS' IP address and Google router's IP address match?

Regards,

Message 4 of 12
Fralle01
Aspirant

According to Googel WIFI the LAN IP group starts with 192.168.86.20, ends up with 250

Message 5 of 12
Fralle01
Aspirant

I.e. no match, som how do I change the IP adress at the NAS without access?

Message 6 of 12
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Fralle01,

You have a couple of ways in changing the IP address of your ReadyNAS.

The first one is doing an OS re-install (be careful not to do a factory reset). This will set the NAS to get an IP address automatically from the router and also reset the admin password to default. Before you do the OS re-install, it will be best to check first the exact version of your ReadyNASDuo. You may check it here.

If it is Duo v1, you can check this article for the steps on how to access the boot menu and select OS re-install. If it is Duo v2, you may check this article for the OS re-install.

The second one is directly connecting a PC to the ReadyNAS via Ethernet cable, then assign a static IP address to the PC on the same range as your NAS. You will then access the NAS local admin page of the NAS (https://<NAS IP address>/admin), then configure it to get an IP address automatically.

Regards,

Message 7 of 12
StephenB
Guru

@JohnCM_S wrote:

You have a couple of ways in changing the IP address of your ReadyNAS.

If you still have the old router, then you can also connect the PC and the NAS to it.  The PC should then get a 192.168.1.x address, and you can then reach the NAS as you did before.  Note you don't need to connect the WAN port of that router, as you don't need internet access.

You want to set up the NAS to use DHCP (automatic) IP address allocation.  Then it will always get the IP address from the router - avoiding this issue in the future.  You can reserve the address in most routers (making sure the same address is always assigned to the NAS).

The OS reinstall will reset the configuration to use DHCP.  As @JohnCM_S says, it will also reset the NAS admin password.  The default password is either netgear1 or password - depending on exactly what ReadyNAS model you have.  The exact instructions for the OS reinstall do depend on the model number, so we do need to confirm what you have.

The RND2110 should be a ReadyNAS Duo (two bay desktop ReadyNAS).  Is that what you have?

If so, does the front panel say

• ReadyNAS Duo or
  • ReadyNAS Duo v2

Note I am not asking about other labels you might see on the chassis.  Just what is printed on the front panel.

Message 8 of 12
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Fralle01,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as a solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 9 of 12
Fralle01
Aspirant

I think that I succeeded in doing an OS reinstall, and now the NAs now shows up in the explorer. Still have not been able to access the files to verify that data still is there, and the OS reinstall succeeded.

A red cross appears at the lower right part of the icon in explorer and when trying to expand the NAS a pop-up window appears with message – Network connections are reset – Connection have not been reset (free translation)

When trying to open the NAs from RAIDar, another pop-up window appears that ask for network authentication….

Have tried both windows and NAS username and password without success.

Any advice?

Message 10 of 12
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Fralle01,

I believe you are opening a mapped folder on explorer. The IP address of your NAS has changed so you will need to remap the shared folders on your NAS using its new IP address.

When you are trying to access the admin page, did you use the default admin password? If your NAS is a ReadyNAS Duo v1, the default password is netgear1. If it is Duo v2, it is password.

Regards,

Message 11 of 12
Fralle01
Aspirant

Hi JohnCM_S,

Sorry for late answer,

I have been able to access my NAS from my mork computor, but not from my private computor. It seems that all my data are lost all folders and files are wiped out.

I have followed instrucions and are sure that I have NOT done a factory reset. Instructions that was followed was OS re-install.

Not sure when/why all data is wiped out from my NAS

//Fralle01

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements