× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot configure remote UPS

Froglet0
Aspirant

Cannot configure remote UPS

Recently aquired ReadyNAS 214 and moved the USB connection for my APC ES700 UPS from my old ReadyNAS 104 to the new RN214. I then tried to set up a remote UPS connection on my 104 to the UPS on the 214. When doing this I get an error 'Failed to communicate with UPS. Error in during post proc. Code: 17003030001'.

The two ReadyNAS are directly connected via a cross-over cable using static ips (eth1 on RN104 & eth0 on RN214). This link has been proved using Rsync to move files from the RN104 to the RN214 using backup jobs. The other ethernet connections are DHCP to my home network with reserved ips based on mac.

Have tried using both the static ip address of the RN214 and the reserved ip address granted by the DHCP with same issue.

The UPS connection on the 104 is configured as follows:

Name: UPS

Type: Remote UPS

Address: Either of the direct connection static ip or the DHCP reserved ip (neither works)

User: monuser

Password: pass

As the 214 is new can I raise this with Netgear support?

ReadyNAS 214 firmware 6.10.3 with 2x8TB Seagate IronWolf

ReadyNAS 104 firmware 6.10.3 with 2 x4TB and 2x6TB WD Red

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@Froglet0 wrote:

No harm in trying.  You could also reverse the setup (connecting the UPS to the 104, and setting up remote monitoring on the RN214) as a test.

Although this is obvious, just in case - Did you remember to "enable network monitoring of attached UPS" on the RN214?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@Froglet0 wrote:

No harm in trying.  You could also reverse the setup (connecting the UPS to the 104, and setting up remote monitoring on the RN214) as a test.

Although this is obvious, just in case - Did you remember to "enable network monitoring of attached UPS" on the RN214?

Message 2 of 3
Froglet0
Aspirant

@StephenB 

No, I did not. Completely missed that. Thanks very much for the pointer, that fixed it.

Appreciated

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements