× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot connect to RN314 after Windows 10 update to 1903

dannybridi
Aspirant

Cannot connect to RN314 after Windows 10 update to 1903

Hi,

Ever since I updated my Windows 10 Enterprise to version 1903, I can no longer connect to my NAS RN310 (Firmware 6.10.1) using the Windows File Explorer. I can ping it, I can use the web interface, but not the File explorer.

Any ideas why?

Thanks

Model: RN31441E|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (4x 1TB Enterprise)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@dannybridi wrote:

I found a solution to the issue: I created on the NAS a userid with password identical to the Windows logon. That seems to have solved it. Not sure why though.

Actually looking at credentials was next on my list.

By default Windows will present your Windows username/password to the NAS when you try to access a share.  If that credential isn't accepted, then you can't access the share.  Anonymous access is enabled by default on the NAS, but Microsoft has been tightening up on using that in the PC. 

So one solution (as you found) is to create a user account on the NAS that matches the Windows credentials.  The other is to add a windows credential in the PC that matches user account already on the NAS.  

Great that you resolved it! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@dannybridi wrote:

Ever since I updated my Windows 10 Enterprise to version 1903, I can no longer connect to my NAS RN310 (Firmware 6.10.1) using the Windows File Explorer. I can ping it, I can use the web interface, but not the File explorer.

What happens if you enter \\nas-ip-address into the file explorer address bar?  Use the real IP address of course.

Message 2 of 4
dannybridi
Aspirant

Using the IP address did not help either. In the meantime, and after searching the web, I found a solution to the issue: I created on the NAS a userid with password identical to the Windows logon. That seems to have solved it. Not sure why though.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@dannybridi wrote:

I found a solution to the issue: I created on the NAS a userid with password identical to the Windows logon. That seems to have solved it. Not sure why though.

Actually looking at credentials was next on my list.

By default Windows will present your Windows username/password to the NAS when you try to access a share.  If that credential isn't accepted, then you can't access the share.  Anonymous access is enabled by default on the NAS, but Microsoft has been tightening up on using that in the PC. 

So one solution (as you found) is to create a user account on the NAS that matches the Windows credentials.  The other is to add a windows credential in the PC that matches user account already on the NAS.  

Great that you resolved it! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements