× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot mount ReadyNAS share in nVidia Shield

Ed3120
Aspirant

Cannot mount ReadyNAS share in nVidia Shield

I have an nVidia shield which can only mount SMB shares. It connects to my Windows PC without issues. I cannot get it to connect to my ReadyNAS SMB share. I’ve tried anonymous and with a username/password. I know the share is up because I have no trouble reaching it from my Windows machine.
Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

The nVidia does require the NetBIOS name resolution resp. device discovery to "see" the ReadyNAS on the network - this is no longer enabled by default on the ReadyNAS. To make the ReadyNAS visible agin, enable Legacy Windows Discovery in Settings -> Services.

FMI:  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/ReadyNAS-RR2304-not-showing-as-Avai...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

Have you tried using both the NAS name and IP address?  SMB is not normally case sensitive, but you could check that, too.

AFAIK, the Shield can use NFS as well.

Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

The nVidia does require the NetBIOS name resolution resp. device discovery to "see" the ReadyNAS on the network - this is no longer enabled by default on the ReadyNAS. To make the ReadyNAS visible agin, enable Legacy Windows Discovery in Settings -> Services.

FMI:  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/ReadyNAS-RR2304-not-showing-as-Avai...

Message 3 of 4
Ed3120
Aspirant

This solved it. Thanks so much!
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements