× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot "save as xls" or create a new xls on the SAMBA share. Zero byte file created.

youlka
Follower

Cannot "save as xls" or create a new xls on the SAMBA share. Zero byte file created.

Hi,

I am not able to "save as xls" or create a new xls sheet on my readynas box.

Steps to reproduce -

Login to an existing SambaSMB share ( client is running Apple mac running mohave ).

Select any csv file for editing.

After making some changes, try to save as "filename.xls"

I get a message "The document was saved successfully, but Excel cannot reopen it because of a sharing violation. Please close the document and try to open it again."

Same error is seen if I create a new excel spreadsheet and try to save it as an xls file on the share.

Additional information : 

Readynas firmware version :  ReadyNas OS 6.9.5

Additional vfs modules that are being used : "catia fruit streams_xattr" ( in that order ).

The issue goes away if the ordering of the modules is changed ( streams_xattr before fruit ). However, the above order is reccommended by the samba fruit module.

The above configuration works perfectly in the 6.9.4 

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2-Bay
Message 1 of 3
amagill123
Aspirant

Re: Cannot "save as xls" or create a new xls on the SAMBA share. Zero byte file created.

Having exact same issue. Any resolution? ReadyNAS 312 Firmware 6.9.5

Message 2 of 3
ismaeljk
Tutor

Re: Cannot "save as xls" or create a new xls on the SAMBA share. Zero byte file created.

Also having the same issue...

Any way to resolve this?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements