× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cant access drive via IP address

cmav
Aspirant

Cant access drive via IP address

Hi,

I have several shares setup on my Nas ultra 2. 

The IP address of my nas is 192.168.68.103 and the name of the name is Strider (see attached).  I have smb1.0 enabled fyi.

After mapping my shares succesfully to "\\192.168.68.103\Movies" after a few days and restarts I can no longer access my mapped drive in explorer via "\\192.168.68.103\Movies"

However I can still access it from "\\1strider\Movies"

Please advise why this might stop working from my IP.

Thanks in advance

Model: RNDU2000 (ReadyNAS Ultra 2)|READYNAS ULTRA 2 (DISKLESS)|EOL
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@cmav wrote:

After mapping my shares succesfully to "\\192.168.68.103\Movies" after a few days and restarts I can no longer access my mapped drive in explorer via "\\192.168.68.103\Movies"

However I can still access it from "\\1strider\Movies"

Please advise why this might stop working from my IP.

This could be a credentials issue.  1strider and 192.168.68.103 are treated as two different machines as far as Windows is concerned.

When you say "restarts" - did you restart the PC or the NAS?  Try restarting the PC if you haven't done that.

If restarting the PC doesn't work, then open the Windows Credential Manager, and delete any credentials you see for 192.168.68.103.  Then try \\192.168.68.103\Movies again.

Message 2 of 5
cmav
Aspirant

Thanks for the qick reply.

I have restarted both PC and NAS in that time.

I have checked the Windows Credtntials manager and there is no entry for 192.168.68.103.

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@cmav wrote:

I have checked the Windows Credtntials manager and there is no entry for 192.168.68.103.

Is there one for 1strider???

Maybe try using CMD as a test.  Enter

net use * /delete /y
net use t: \\192.168.68.103\Movies /user:admin nas-admin-password

using the real NAS admin password of course.  Be careful on the two different slash directions.

The first command terminates any open SMB sessions.  The second attempts to mount the share as drive letter T using the NAS admin credentials.

Message 4 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

Also, by what means are you ensuring that the NAS always has the same IP address?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements