× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cant access folder structure beyond one level on readycloud.netgear.com

NARKOSIS
Aspirant

Cant access folder structure beyond one level on readycloud.netgear.com

Good afternoon,

We have a ReadyNAS 3138 (FW 6.10.5 Hotfix 1) and I've setup a cloud user.  Assigned him the read/write permissions for specific folders and when he logs in on any browser, he sees the primary assigned folders and the folders one level deeper.  But once he clicks one more level deeper, nothing shows up.  I even went as far as to add him to the "admin" group and making the said folder/s (Network Access and File Access) public to "Everyone".  I've tried in Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and even Internet Explorer.

Edit: BUT logging into his user account via the cellphone app shows everything?

Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Did you try resetting the file permissions in the file access tab for the share(s)?

Message 2 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

If you add a user to share access who is not a member of a group that already has access, then you have to reset permissions for that user to have the proper rights for existing files and folders.  It's why groups exist, but a lot of users don't know that and mostly ignore groups.  Note, same applies if you add a group, but just that once.

Message 3 of 7
NARKOSIS
Aspirant

Oh I definitely have groups set up.  He is able to access those specific folders in the office and on his cellphone through the readycloud app.  It only doesn't work through a web browser.  I just put him temporarily into the built-in admin group to see if that worked (it didn't). And even set the permissions to "everyone" temorarily and that didnt work either.  I'll try resetting the permissions soon.

Message 4 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@NARKOSIS wrote:

I'll try resetting the permissions soon.

Changing the permissions on the file access tab only affects the root folder of the share.  If you want to change the permissions recursively to the existing files/folders, then you need to first change the settings, and then use the reset control.

Message 5 of 7
NARKOSIS
Aspirant

@StephenB wrote:

@NARKOSIS wrote:

I'll try resetting the permissions soon.

Changing the permissions on the file access tab only affects the root folder of the share.  If you want to change the permissions recursively to the existing files/folders, then you need to first change the settings, and then use the reset control.

That does make sense.  But why does everything look how it should via the cellphone ReadyCloud app, and only there when Im signed into his account?

And its not just the root folder.  I have him assigned to see 3 root folders.  He can click on each of them and see the folder structure below that (all of the folders within the root).  Then when he clicks on one of those folders, it shows nothing.  But ONLY on every browser.  If he signs into the mobile app, everything shows up as it should based on his permissions/group settings.  Just as if he was sitting in our office of 50+ people

Message 6 of 7
StephenB
Guru

If you access the shares with a browser (w/o ReadyCloud), are you seeing what's in the blocked folders?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements