× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant load OS 6.2.5 firmware update error 6001010060

raklhf
Aspirant

Cant load OS 6.2.5 firmware update error 6001010060

I want to update the firmware and software on my RN10400 NAS currently on OS 6.1.6. The admin page cites an update to 6.2.5 which I try to download but cant I get error 6001010060. I know the OS is a very old version and I have not been updating.

Some reseach shows I need to update via a number of steps - the first is to update to 6.2.5 then go further. I can get past step 1.

Anyone please assist, thanks

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
raklhf
Aspirant

Re: Cant load OS 6.2.5 firmware update error 6001010060

Thanks for the advice. I did the rebot and the update was there 🙂 Then I saw the next update in the steps to get my NAS fully up todate was in the messages and Iclicked and it downloaded!!! 🙂 so I will continue. 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@raklhf wrote:

I want to update the firmware and software on my RN10400 NAS currently on OS 6.1.6. The admin page cites an update to 6.2.5 which I try to download but cant I get error 6001010060. I know the OS is a very old version and I have not been updating.

Some reseach shows I need to update via a number of steps - the first is to update to 6.2.5 then go further. I can get past step 1.

I'm not 100% certain, but I think your error could be due to an incorrectly configured network in the NAS.  Are you using a static address? If you are, the simplest thing to do now is to switch it over to DHCP.

Also, it would be wise to make sure you have the files on the NAS backed up before you proceed.

Are you getting the error when you click on "check for updates"?  Or are you trying to manually install the downloaded firmware?

It's best to manually install it, as the automatic update servers might not follow the 6.2.5->6.5.2->6.10.x steps properly.

You can directly download the firmware from http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNASOS-6.2.5-arm_RN102_RN104.zip  Then you can extract the firmware image from the zip, and manually install it from the admin web ui.  My memory of 6.1.6 is hazy - currently you'd install it from system->settings in the admin web ui, but it is possible that you'd do it from somewhere else in 6.1.6. 

BTW, although the instructions don't say this, I suggest turning off the antivirus service in the NAS.  There were changes in this service over the years (and now it isn't available on your NAS at all).  So it would be good to avoid downloading antivirus definitions, etc - as the attempt will likely fail, and could end up doing some damage.

Also, when you are finished with the upgrade, it would be good to do a factory default (which you can do from the system->settings page), and set up the NAS from scratch again.  That will give you better performance, as there were improvements to btrfs over the years, and some require a factory reset to see the benefits.

Message 2 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Also, after you update to 6.2.5, there is a workaround you should use when updating to 6.5.2.

Nothing special after that.

Message 3 of 7
raklhf
Aspirant

I was using the auto update but then tried the manual install of 6.2.5 and got a different error message - see attached.

Message 4 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@raklhf wrote:

I was using the auto update but then tried the manual install of 6.2.5 and got a different error message - see attached.

I think that's an old bug (since resolved).  Try rebooting and see if it installs anyway.  

Message 5 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

Yeah, I used to get that; but a reboot updated anyway.

Message 6 of 7
raklhf
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice. I did the rebot and the update was there 🙂 Then I saw the next update in the steps to get my NAS fully up todate was in the messages and Iclicked and it downloaded!!! 🙂 so I will continue. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements